October 20, 2011
You don't have to wait until next weekend to start celebrating!
There are Halloween decorations everywhere and most kids put so much thought into their costumes that it should come as no surprise that they want to wear them as often as they can this month. So it is a good thing that there are quite a few events where kids will have the opportunity to show off their Halloween attire both this weekend and next weekend:
- Reserve your spot at Moomah's Family Pumpkin Party on Friday evening for food, drink and fun.
- Take a Candlelight Ghost Tour of 'Manhattan's Most Haunted House' at the Merchant's House Museum this weekend or next weekend.
- Spend your Saturday morning at the Torly Kid's Halloween Opera Workshop or the NYC Police Museum Halloween Party. Later in the day head over to see The Dirty Sock Funtime Band perform at the PS89 Fundraiser.
- Put on your costumes and hit the dance floor at Baby Loves Disco on Sunday. I will be doing tattoos there so stop by and say hello!
- This month doesn't have to be all about candy! Teach your kids about the importance of exercise at the NYRR Youth Jamboree on Sunday. It is all the way up at The Armory on 168th St, but there are track events going on all day for various age groups. There is also a kids race on Randall's Island on Saturday.
- Congratulations to Cheri, the Zutano gift card winner and Olga the Baby Loves Disco ticket winner!
Have a great week!
GIVEAWAY: EZpaint Pack
I love doing arts and crafts with my children, but I am often hesitant to get out the paints because things suddenly become much more complicated. By the time I am finished putting a cloth beneath them, pouring every shade of paint into small & spill-proof containers and hunting down enough paint brushes I am no longer having fun. When I saw the EZpaint set I had to give it a try. The little bottles of paint look like nail polish bottles which means each color comes with its own ...
So for some off-the-wall reason, our Munchkin's favorite Halloween decoration by far is the spiderwebs with the spiders. But she's completely grossed out by them and freaked out by the ones that look a little too real.
We came up with this fun variation of a paper mache craft to satisfy her need for spider decorations here at home. We also used colorful spiders to keep her from getting too creeped out but you can use any kind of spiders you want!
what you need:
* balloon blown up ...
Where: Moomah, 161 Hudson StWhen: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Reservations Required. Call 212-226-0345.Cost: $25 per guest (price includes food for all, pumpkin for each child, unlimited beer & wine for adults!).For more info: http://moomah.com/
Where: The new York City Police Museum, 100 Old Slip, New York, NY 10005When: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PMWho: Ages 3-11How: Just Show UpCost: Free with Regular AdmissionFor more info: http://www.nycpm.org
Where: McNally Jackson, 52 Prince StWhen: 11:30 AM - 12:30 PMWho: Ages 3 to 8.How: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.mcnallyjackson.com/
Where: Starts at Washington Square ParkWhen: 3:30 PMWho: Ages 7 and upCost: $18/child; $22/adultFor more info: Kids must be accompanied by adults, and vice versa—teams with only adults or only kids are not permitted on this hunt.
Where: PS89, 201 Warren St (at the West Side Highway)When: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PMWho: All AgesCost: Children 14 & under: $15 / Adults: $20For more info: http://www.kidsshowny.com
Where: Le Poisson Rouge, 158 Bleecker StWhen: 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM (Next date: October 23rd)Who: 6 months - 7 yearsCost: Single ticket: $20/ Family 4 Pak: $60For more info: http://www.babylovesdisco.com/
Where: Citibabes SoHo, 52 Mercer StWhen: 4:00 PMWho: Sges 2.5 - 5 yearsHow: Please RSVP to 212.334.5440 or [email protected]Cost: $25 per child for members and $35 per child for non-membersFor more info: http://citibabes.com/
- Karma Kids at 3:00pm for ages 0-6
- McNally Jackson at 4pm for ages 0-2
- Ottendorfer at 10:30am, ages 0-3
- McNally Jackson, 52 Prince Street
- Karma Kids, 104 W 14th St
- Click Here for Library AddressesWhen: n/aWho: All AgesHow: Just show up, but please verify the storytime either on the website or by calling since storytimes frequently change.Cost: Free
Where: Washington Square Park, Holley Plaza (East 4th St and Thompson Street)When: 11:00 AM - 7:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://scifitalk.com/tag/syfy-channel/
Where: NY Kids Club, 393 South End Ave. (at Liberty St)When: 3:30 PM - 5:30 PMWho: Ages 6 months - 6 yearsCost: One Child: $30; Two Children: $45; Three Children: $60For more info: http://www.nykidsclub.com
Where: NY Kids Club - Battery Park, 393 South End Ave. (at Liberty St)When: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PMWho: Ages 2.5 - 8 yearsCost: One Child: $30.00; Two Children: $45.00; Three Children: $60.00For more info: http://www.nykidsclub.com/
Friday, October 21 through Saturday, October 22 - Candlelight Ghost Tours of ‘Manhattan’s Most Haunted House’
Where: Merchant's House Museum, 29 E 4th StWhen: 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM (Continues Oct 27-29th)Who: Ages 8+Cost: 6-7:30 p.m. $25, 8-9 p.m. $30, 9:30 p.m. (includes fourth floor Servants Quarters) $40; MHM Members $13 all timesFor more info: http://merchantshouse.org
- Chatham Square Library, 11am for ages 4-8
Where: Click here for Library LocationsWhen: n/aWho: All AgesHow: Just show up, but please verify the storytime either on the website or by calling since storytimes frequently change.Cost: FreeFor more info: NYPL
Where: Historic Green-Wood Cemetery, Meet at the main gate 25th Street at 5th Avenue, Brooklyn
- Via subway: Take the “R” train to 25th Street in Brooklyn and walk up the hill one block and into the Cemetery.When: n/aWho: All AgesHow: Buy Tickets or call 718-210-3080 (Visitors must arrive 30 minutes before each performance.)Cost: Admission (in advance and at the door) is $12 for Green-Wood Historic Fund members and $15 for non-members. The Family Package is $30 for two adults and up to three children under 16.For more info: http://www.green-wood.com
- Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 12:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 23, 2011 at 12:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Where: Torly Kid, 51 Hudson StWhen: 10:00 AMWho: All AgesHow: Reservations Required. To RSVP call (212) 406-7440 or email at [email protected].Cost: $15 per personFor more info: www.torlykid.com
Where: Bowling Green Park (Broadway and Whitehall Street)When: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: Free
Saturday, October 22 - Family Art Labs - Light and Darrrrrk: Diwali Celebration! Make clay lamps and Rangoli!
Where: Rubin Museum of Art, 150 W. 17th Street (between 6th & 7th Aves)When: 10:30 AM - 12:00 PMWho: Ages 6 and upHow: For registration, tickets and box office, call (212) 620 - 5000 x 344Cost: $10 ($5 for members)For more info: www.rmanyc.org or (212) 620-5000
Where: The Skyscraper Museum, 39 Battery PlaceWhen: 10:30 AM - 11:45 AMWho: Ages 6+How: Registration is required by 5PM on Friday by emailing [email protected] or calling 212-945-6324.Cost: Suggested donation - $5For more info: http://www.skyscraper.org or call (212) 968- 1961
Program includes Academy Award nominee The Gruffalo, Laban the Little Ghost, Happy Horse and the Monster, and much more!
Where: IFC Center, 323 6th AveWhen: 11:00 AMWho: All AgesCost: $9/child, $13/adultFor more info: http://gkids.tv/
Where: Symphony Space, 2537 Broadway at 95th StWhen: 11:00 AMWho: All AgesCost: ADULTS $20, Members $17 KIDS $13, Members $11For more info: http://www.symphonyspace.org/
artists. Visit the CMA website for upcoming workshop themes and age recommendations.
Where: Children's Museum of the Arts, 103 Charlton StWhen: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM (Museum is Closed Mondays and Tuesdays)Who: Varies based on the workshopHow: No reservations requiredCost: $10 per person for admissions (Admission costs cover all workshops and materials)For more info: http://cmany.org/ or call (212) 274 - 0986
- SCOTT WESTERFELD - Goliath (Leviathan Series #3)
- MARYROSE WOOD - Nightshade (Poison Diaries Series)
- JEFF HIRSCH - The Eleventh Plague
- SARAH BETH DURST - Drink, Slay, Love
- JON SKOVRON - Misfit
- GABRIELLE ZEVIN -All These Things I’ve Done
- ALISON GOODMAN -Eona
Where: Books of Wonder, 18 W 18th StWhen: 12:00 PM - 2:00 PMWho: Ages 12+How: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.booksofwonder.com
Where: Stuyvesant Square, West ParkWhen: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM (Rain Date: Sunday, Oct 23rd)Who: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://stuysqalliance.org/
Where: Tompkins Square Park, E 9th St between Avenues A & BWhen: 12:00 PM - 3:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.firstrunfriends.org/
Where: The Battery (enter Battery Park at State and Pearl Streets)When: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM (Rain Date: Sunday, Oct 23rd)Who: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.thebattery.org
Where: Karma Kids Yoga, 104 West 14th Street (between 6th and 7th Avenues.)When: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PMWho: For teens 13 and up.Cost: $20
Where: THEATRE 80 St. Marks, 80 St Marks PlaceWhen: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PMWho: Ages 10 and upCost: $10For more info: http://www.howlfestival.com/
Saturday, October 22 - 'Get Out There and Explore with The Magic School Bus!' at The Scholastic Store!
Where: Scholastic Store - SoHo, 557 Broadway (Between Prince & Spring Streets)When: 3:00 PMWho: Ages 4-10How: Just show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.scholastic.com
Where: Books of Wonder, 18 W. 18th St.When: n/aWho: All AgesHow: Just show up, but please verify the storytime either on the website or by calling since storytimes frequently change.Cost: FreeFor more info: Books of Wonder
Where: SAATCHI & SAATCHI, 375 Hudson StWhen: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PMWho: All AgesCost: $75 per child / $100 per adultFor more info: http://www.freeartsnyc.org/
Sunday, October 23 - Meet members from the cast of the The Addams Family on Broadway at Books of Wonder
Where: Books of Wonder, 18 West 18th StWhen: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PMWho: Ages 3-8How: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.booksofwonder.com/
Where: Museum at Eldridge Street, 12 Eldridge StreetWhen: 1:00 PM (Every Sunday)Who: Recommended for ages 5-10.How: Just Show UpCost: $15 per familyFor more info: http://www.eldridgestreet.org/ or call (212)219-0302
Where: Downstairs at McNally Jackson, 52 Prince St (between Lafayette and Mulberry)When: 1:30 PM (Meets the last Sunday of every month)Who: Ages 8-14How: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.mcnallyjackson.com
Where: 55 Bar at 55 Christopher Street (at 7th Ave)When: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PMWho: Ages 2-6How: Just show upCost: $5 per personFor more info: http://www.amycervini.com/
Where: Books of Wonders, 18 W 18th StreetWhen: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM (Second workshop Sat. Oct 29th)Who: Ages 4-9How: Register in advance in person or by phoneCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.booksofwonder.com/
- Storytime at Museum at Eldridge St at 10am for ages 3-5
- Jefferson Market at 11am, ages 18-24 months
- Hudson Park Library at 11:15, ages 1.5-3
- Ottendorfer at 11:30 & 1:30, ages 0-1.5 (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
- Battery Park City at 4pm, ages 3-5
- Seward Park at 2pm, ages 3-5
- New Amsterdam at 4pm, ages 5-12
- Tompkins Square at 4pm, ages 3-8
When: n/aWho: All agesCost: FreeFor more info: NYPL
Monday, October 24 through Friday, October 28 - Daily Screenings at the National Museum of the American Indian
- Two Worlds Inside Out
- My Name is Kobe
- Run Red Walk: A Navajo Sheepdog
Where: National Museum of the American Indian, One Bowling GreenWhen: 10:30 AM - 11:30 AMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.nmai.si.edu
Where: Taste Buds, 109 W 27th St, 10th floor (btw 6th & 7th Aves)When: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PMWho: Ages 2-8How: Just Show Up -- stay a half hour or the entire time!Cost: $20For more info: http://www.tastebudscook.com/
- Scholastic at 11am, all ages
- Barnes & Noble at 11am, all ages
- giggle at 4pm
- Mulberry St, 10:30 & 11:30, ages 0-1.5
- Battery Park, Baby Storytime at 11:30am (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
- Seward Park, Toddler Time at 11am
Where: giggle, 120 Wooster St
B&N 97 Warren St
Scholastic, 557 Broadway
Click here for Library LocationsWhen: n/aWho: All AgesCost: Free
Where: Under the Standard Hotel, between Gansevoort and 14th StreetsWhen: Telescopes will be set from dusk to 9:30PMWho: Ages 4 and upHow: No reservations requiredCost: FreeFor more info: In the event of rain, Stargazing will be canceled. For updated information on weather-related changes, visit www.aaa.org
Where: Jefferson Market Library, 425 Avenue of the AmericasWhen: 3:30 PMWho: Ages 6+How: First come, first servedCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.nypl.org
Where: Ottendorfer Library, 135 2nd AveWhen: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PMWho: Ages 3-10How: First come, first servedCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.nypl.org
- Scholastic at 11am, all ages
- Battery Park at 10:30, ages 1.5-3
- Chatham Square at 10:30, ages 1.5-3
- Seward Park at 11am, ages 0-18 months
- Ottendorfer at 11:30, 12 & 1:30 (Spanish Storytime), ages 1.5-3
- Hudson Park at 11:15, infants
- Jefferson Market at 3:30, ages 2-5
- Tompkins Square at 4pm, ages 2-8
- Mulberry St at 4pm, ages 3-5
- Crewcuts, 50 Hudson St at 11:30am, ages 3-5 (first Wed. of each month)
- Scholastic, 557 Broadway
- Click Here for Library LocationsWhen: n/aWho: All AgesCost: Free
explore together, then create projects inspired by Himalayan art.
Where: Rubin Museum of Art, 150 West 17th StreetWhen: 10:30 AM - 11:30 AMWho: Ages 2-4, accompanied by an adultHow: Just Show UpCost: $10.00 (Member Price: $5.00)For more info: http://www.rmanyc.org/
Where: Sunshine Cinema, 143 East Houston StreetWhen: 12:00 PMWho: Caregiver & babyHow: Just Show UpCost: $13For more info: http://www.landmarktheatres.com/
- Scholastic: 11am, all ages
- Hamilton Fish Park: 10:15, ages 1.5-3
- Battery Park City: 11:30, ages 0-1.5
- Ottendorfer Library: 4pm, ages 1.5-5
- Mulberry St. Library: 10:30, 1.5-3
- New Amsterdam at 10:30, ages 1.5-3; Films for Chldren at 4pm
- Hudson Park: 3:30, Kids Music that Rocks
- Seward Park: Arts & Crafts at 4 PM
When: Recurring WeeklyWho: All AgesCost: FreeFor more info: Library storytimes and activities may change. Please visit NYPL.org verify times.
Where: 92YTribeca, 200 Hudson StreetWhen: 11:00 AMWho: All AgesCost: $15 for both kids and adults, children under 2-years-old free.For more info: http://www.92y.org or call 212.601.1000
Where: Gansevoort PlazaWhen: 11:00 AM - 7:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://scifitalk.com/tag/syfy-channel/
Where: Karma Kids, 104 W 14th StWhen: 3:00 PMWho: All AgesCost: Free
- From 4:00 - 7:00 PM, children are invited to the north churchyard to enjoy treats, face-painting, crafts and other fun. The south churchyard will feature music and dancing where adults, if they dare, can try a “spirited” Haunted Hamilton cocktail or non-alcoholic beverage.
- In the evening (7PM), Metropolis (1927) -- the silent, sci-fi masterpiece – will be screened, accompanied by a haunting score played by Peter Krasinski on Trinity’s virtual pipe organ.
All are welcome to enjoy a safe night of Halloween fun. Costumes encouraged!
Where: Trinity Church, Broadway at Wall StreetWhen: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show pCost: Events are free and open to the public. Donations will be acceptFor more info: Call 212-602-0800 or visit www.trinitywallstreet.org
Where: Taste Buds Kitchen, 109 W 27th StreetWhen: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PMWho: Ages 8-13 (Drop-Off)How: Register NowCost: $60 per childFor more info: http://www.tastebudscook.com/
Where: Central Park Bandshell, enter at 72nd StWhen: n/aWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.nycgovparks.org
Where: Citibabes, 52 Mercer StWhen: 10:00 AMWho: All AgesHow: Please call 212.334.5440 or email [email protected] to RSVP.Cost: $10 for member families and $35 for non–member familiesFor more info: http://citibabes.com/
Where: Poets House, 10 River TerraceWhen: 11:00 AMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://poetshouse.org
Where: THE MORGAN LIBRARY & MUSEUM, 225 Madison Avenue, at 36th StreetWhen: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PMWho: Appropriate for ages 6-12; limited to families with children; limit of two adult tickets per family.How: Tickets available on www.themorgan.org/public and in personCost: $6 for adult non-members; $4 for adult members; $2 for childrenFor more info: www.themorgan.org/public
Sunday, October 30 - KIDS! Halloween Spook-tacular! with Whole Foods Market (Bowery): Growing Gourmets
Where: Whole Foods Market (Bowery), 95 East Houston StWhen: n/aWho: Ages 2-5 (+1 adult) at 12PM, Ages 6-9 at 2PM, Ages 10-13 at 4PMCost: $30 per childFor more info: http://wholefoodsmarket.com
Where: Moomah, 161 Hudson StWhen: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: No Admission FeeFor more info: http://moomah.com
Where: Pier 40, West Houston St & the West Side HighwayWhen: 10:30 AM - 1:00 PM (Second cruise at 1:30pm)Who: Ages Toddlers - 8Cost: Adults: $35; Children: $30 (under 12 months - Free)For more info: http://www.kiddiecruise.com/
Where: WFC Winter GardenWhen: 12:00 PM - 3:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.artsworldfinancialcenter.com/
Where: High Line, Seating Steps, on the High Line at West 22nd Street.When: 12:00 PM - 3:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FREE, no RSVP required.For more info: http://thehighline.org/
Where: Broad Street Ball Room Gymnasium, 41 Broad Street(Between Beaver & Exchange Place)When: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PMWho: Ages 1-9 yearsCost: $15For more info: http://www.littleclubheads.com/
In addition to these spooktacular activities, The Striking Viking Story Pirates will perform Halloween-themed improv shows for children and adults of all ages throughout the day.
Where: Hudson River Park's Pier 46 at Charles StreetWhen: 12:00 PM - 6:00 PMWho: Most attractions will appeal to kids aged 2–8 years.How: Just Show UpCost: Some activities are free and select activities will cost $2.For more info: http://www.hudsonriverpark.org/
Where: Washington Market Park, Greenwich St at Duane (Parade begins at Greeenwich and North Moore)When: 12:45 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: Free
Where: Top of the Rock, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, between 49th and 50th Streets and 5th and 6th Avenues, 67th Floor, Manhattan.When: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Reserve tickets or call 877-NYC-ROCK (877-692-7625) or 212-698-2000. In addition, there are several terminals on-site to help visitors purchase tickets easily.Cost: Tickets are $23.00 for adults, $21.00 for seniors and $15.00 for children six to 12 years old. Children 5 and under are free.For more info: www.topoftherocknyc.com
Where: Belvedere Castle in Central Park, mid-park at 79th StWhen: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM (Second session at 6:30pm)Who: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.centralpark.com/
Where: Chatham Square Library, 33 E BroadwayWhen: 4:00 PMWho: For ages 7+How: First Come, First ServedCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.nypl.org/
Where: Hamilton Fish Park Library, 5 East Houston StreetWhen: 4:00 PMWho: Ages 4-11How: First Come, First ServedCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.nypl.org/
Where: 82MERCER, 82 Mercer StWhen: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PMWho: Adults OnlyCost: Tickets start at $125For more info: www.cmany.org
Saturday, November 5 - New Museum First Saturdays for Families: "Families Demonstrate for the Future"
Where: New Museum, 235 BoweryWhen: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PMWho: Ages 4-15How: First come, first served. Your entire party must be present.Cost: Free for up to two adults per familyFor more info: http://www.newmuseum.org/
Where: Canal Park Playhouse, 508 Canal Street, between Green11wich and West Streets in Tribeca)When: 12:00 PM (Second show at 2pm)Who: All AgesCost: $20 per ticket (a pre-fixe brunch is available for an additional $8 in advance or $10 at the door)For more info: As part of Canal Park Playhouse’s Classic Brunch Matinee series, audience members can enjoy a selection of items from The Waffle Iron Café, from 10:30 AM – 6:30 PM on Sat and Sun for ticket holders only. The menu includes spinach, mushroom, smoked chicken sausage frittatas; French toast; and Traditional Belgian Waffles with pure Vermont maple syrup as well as the house specialty The Playhouse Pink Waffle (a pink waffle with strawberries and whipped cream).
Where: Cruise launches from Pier 40 at West Houston StreetWhen: 12:30 PM - 4:00 PMWho: All AgesCost: $20/adult; $10/children 2-12 yrsFor more info: http://www.fohrp.org/
Where: Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 West 18th StreetWhen: 6:30 PM - 9:30 PMWho: Expecting ParentsHow: RSVP to [email protected] or call 917-488-8542Cost: $100For more info: www.thebiggestbabyshower.com
Where: giggle, 120 Wooster St (between Prince & Spring)When: 4:00 PM (Second Wednesday of the Month)Who: All AgesHow: Call 212-334-5817 or email [email protected] to reserve a spot.Cost: FreeFor more info: http://www.giggle.com/
Where: Tribeca Parenting, 46 Warren StWhen: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PMWho: Expectant Fathers and Dads with babies 0-6 weeksCost: $55 per dad plus $10 for take-home materialsFor more info: http://www.nycdadsgroup.com
Where: Center for Architecture Foundation, 536 LaGuardia Place (between Bleecker and West 3rd St)When: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM (second session at 2:00 PM)Who: All AgesCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.cfafoundation.org
Monday, November 14 - PACE Hosts NYC's First Citywide Schools Forum – “The Parent's Perspective on Citywide G&T Education”
Where: PS 20, 166 Essex St. at HoustonWhen: 7:00 PM - 8:30 PMWho: ParentsHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: contact Peter Szabo at [email protected]
Where: Karma Kids Yoga, 104 West 14th Street (between 6th and 7th Avenues.)When: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PMWho: Ages 4-7Cost: Fee is $20 per child.
Where: Ideya Latin Bistro, 349 W Broadway between Broome and GrandeWhen: 10:00 AMWho: All AgesHow: Call for Reservations: (212)625-1441Cost: Free with an a la carte brunch; Kids menu availableFor more info: http://www.ideya.net/ or call (212)625-1441
Friday, November 25 through Sunday, November 27 - Big Red Chair Series Presents "Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Musical" at the Skirball Center
Where: NYU Skirball Center for the Performing Arts, 566 LaGuardia Place at Washington SquareWhen: varies by day - show is 60 minutesWho: Ages 3+ (performances is 50 minutes)How: Buy Tickets; Show times are: 2 PM on Friday and 11 AM & 2 PM on Saturday and SundayCost: $15-$25For more info: http://skirballcenter.nyu.edu/
SPECIAL 25% OFF MACARONI KID DISCOUNT!!!
In the coming months I know our need for a reliable babysitter is going to go way up. Holiday parties, school events and catching up with friends seem to fill our schedule each week. We have one sitter we use regularly, but if she isn't available I find myself spending a lot of time going through our list of alternate sitters to try to find someone who is both available and I trust to feed and put the kids to bed. Lucky Lil' Darlings is one of the reliable ...
Ongoing Kid Friendly Performances
- Where: Theatre at Saint Peter's, 619 Lexington Ave (corner of 54th St)
- Who: Ages 3 to 12
- When: Saturdays & Sundays at 1pm
- Cost: $29.50; PREMIUM
- Where: 2162 Broadway, 4th Floor
- Who: Ages 3 to 12
- When: Novermber 25th, Dec 26-29th, 11am & 1pm
- Cost: $29.50; PREMIUM
- Where: MMAC Theater, 248 W 60th St
- Description: Adapted from the classic children's book series by Stan and Jan Berenstain, The Berenstain Bears LIVE! in Family Matters, the Musical brings everyone's favorite bear family to life in a thrilling theatrical experience that kids as well as their parents will treasure for many years to come.
- When: Through October
- Who: All Ages
- Cost: $9.95 - 59.95
- Where: Damrosch Park, Lincoln Center
- Description: Silly fun at the circus, perfect for the whole family
- When: Through Jan 8th, 2012
- Who: All Ages
- Cost: $15-$125
- Where: New World Stages, 340 West 50th Street
- Who: Ages 3 and up
- Cost: $39
- Where: New Victory Theater,
- Description: Stranded in the desert after crash landing, a pilot awakens to the sound of an inquisitive little voice asking for, please, a picture.
- Who: Ages 6+
- When: Oct 1-16
- Cost: $14-38
- Where: Manhattan Movement and Arts Center, 248 W 60th St
- Description: A tot obsessed with eating pink cupcakes finds herself turning her favorite rosy hue.
- Who: All ages.
- Cost: $8-$25
- Where: Galli Theater - Midtown, 347 W 36th St
- When: Oct 1-30
- Who: All Ages
- Cost: $15/children, $20/adult
- Where: Players Theatre, 115 MacDougal St at Minetta Ln
- Description: Set in the Revolutionary War America, two lost soldiers stumble upon the "perfect" village while searching for food and shelter. Unfortunately, the villagers are not so willing to share with these weary men until the soldiers begin to make their favorite meal - Stone Soup
- When: Sept 18 - Nov 5th
- Who: Ages 3 and up
- Cost: $25 - 40
- Where: Swedish Cottage Marionette Theatre in Central Park (81st St and Central Park West)
- Description: The Three Bears Holiday Bash is a variety show that celebrates the holiday season in song, dance, and puppetry. This production quickly becomes a comedy of errors when Baby Bear invites Santa to star in Mama and Papa Bears’ annual holiday show. Drawing from the stories of Hanukkah, the Night Before Christmas, and Kwanzaa, The Three Bears Holiday Bash is a great way to get into the holiday season spirit.
- When: Nov 14th - Dec 31st, Mon - Fri. at 10:30 & 12pm; add'l show Wed. at 2:00pm; Sat & Sun at 1:00PM; check schedule for performance times on Nov 25th & Dec 27th-30th.
- Cost: $8 per adult/ $5 per child
- Where: Classic Stage Company, 136 E 13th St
- Description: In this rousing courtroom dram-edy, the most infamous carnivore of modern times, the Big Bad Wolf, is put on trial for crimes against three swine.
- When: Through Oct 30th
- Cost: $20 per adult/ $10 per child
- Where: 2162 Broadway, 4th Floor
- Description: Wilson is just your average kid. Then one day he finds out his uncle is a pirate… like, a REAL pirate! With help from Uncle Pirate and his faithful talking penguin, maybe, just maybe, Wilson can survive the fourth grade. Grab yer eye patches and pirate hats, mateys! The adventure begins now!
- When: Sept 24th - Nov 14th, Sat. & Sun. at 11am and 1pm
- Who: All Ages
- Cost: $25
- Where: New Victory Theater,
- Description: Cotton and Wrinkle lovingly care for their orderly world, working hard to hide any hint of hue. But keeping things pigment-free proves problematic for the beanie-wearing buddies.
- Who: Ages 2-5
- When: Oct 13- Nov 13
- Cost: $20
Always call ahead or check NYPL.org to verify times
175 North End Avenue (at Murray Street)
33 East Broadway (near Catherine St.)
415 East Houston Street (near Avenue D)
66 Leroy Street (off Seventh Ave. South)
424 Avenue of the Americas
10 Jersey Street (Between Lafayette & Mulberry Streets)
9 Murray Street (between Broadway & Church St.)
135 Second Avenue (near E ...
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC