December 1, 2011
- Macaroni Kid Holiday Gift Ideas + Giveaways
- Don't miss SquareSpot's Laughing Pizza Concert!
- Macaroni Seasons Greetings + 20% Discount
- New York Botanical Garden's Holiday Train Show
- DiMenna Children's History Museum
- intenSati For Mommies
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Plan Ahead
- Hot Tech Gift Ideas
- 'Game of Your Life' Review
- A Getaway Fit for the Characters in Your Family!
- Boots, Boots, Boots!
- North Pole Macaroni Kid!
- At the Theater
- NY Library Locations
$75 Zutano Giftcard + giggle Christmas Blanket + 20 Holiday Cards from Stationary Market
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend! We took advantage of the long weekend by exploring two of NYC unique attractions, the New York Historical Society and the New York Botanical Garden's Holiday Train Show.
Last week we shared our awesome Tech Gift Recommendations from our friends at Cool Mom Tech and CNET. This week we have a list of items below that we love! There are ideas for both the kids and adults on your list as well as a giveways from some of our favorite brands ...
We are giving away 10 tickets to the show!
On Sunday, December 11, family-pop sensation Laughing Pizza will take the stage for another one of their award-winning, hip-shaking shows. But what’s even better than that? Our friends at SquareSpot have given us ten free tickets to share with you.
The first five people who sign up for a free SquareSpot loyalty card will each receive two adult-priced tickets (a $40 value) and additional kids’ tickets at half-off ($6 each).
So, what are you waiting for? Be one of the first five to sign up for the SquareSpot loyalty ...
GIVEAWAY: Win 20 free holiday cards from Stationery Market!
This is the 20th year for the New York Botanical Garden's Holiday Train Show and my third year attending with my children. It is one of our favorite holiday outings! We try to get to most events early to avoid the crowds but this year we went late afternoon the Sunday after Thanksgiving. This time we went after the crowds! Being there after the sun went down made some parts of the experience feel brand new to us. The unseasonably warm weather definitely helped too.
As soon as we ...
Enjoy a fun afternoon at the New York Historical Society
The last time I visited the New York Historical Society was the week before they closed for three years to complete a massive $70 million renovation. Located at W 77th St and Central Park West, it finally re-opened in November with an extremely impressive Dimenna Children's History Museum on its lower level.
As we approached the museum last week we were greeted by soldiers. Specifically, friendly Revolutionary Soldiers from both sides eager to share all that they knew about the Revolutionary War and the battles that ...
Like most of you I had no idea what 'intenSati' was prior to taking the class, but read on to learn about Jolynn Baca and her new series of intenSati for Mommies!!.
intenSati is a new type of workout that combines high-energy aerobics, martial arts, dance, yoga and strength conditioning with spoken affirmations. It was created by Patricia Moreno and is about bettering both the quality of your physical training as well as your inner dialogue.
I recently tried out an intenSati class with Jolynn Baca. Jolynn is welcoming and ...
Where: The New York City Police Museum, 100 Old Slip, New York, NY 10005When: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: Free with Regular AdmissionFor more info: http://www.nycpm.org
Where: Tribeca PAC, 199 Chambers St New York, NY 10007When: 1:30 PMWho: Ages 5-10Cost: $25For more info: http://tribecapac.org
Where: The Union Club, 101 E 69th StWhen: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PMWho: Parents OnlyHow: RSVP to Kathy Lattari at [email protected]Cost: FreeFor more info: http://www.ross.org/
Sunday, April 28 - New Families, New Traditions: Sunny, Funny Stories and Songs With Yellow Sneaker and Their Puppet Poss
Where: Museum of Jewish Heritage, 36 Battery PlaceWhen: 10:30 AMWho: Kids 0-3 years oldHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: www.mjhnc.org/
- Karma Kids at 3:00pm for ages 0-6
- McNally Jackson at 4pm for ages 0-2
- McNally Jackson, 52 Prince Street
- Karma Kids, 104 W 14th St
- Click Here for Library AddressesWhen: n/aWho: All AgesHow: Just show up, but please verify the storytime either on the website or by calling since storytimes frequently change.Cost: Free
Where: Canal Park Playhouse, 508 Canal Street, between Greenwich and West Streets in Tribeca)When: Thursday & Friday at 7PM; Saturdays at 12 & 2PMWho: Ages 7+Cost: $18 per ticketFor more info: As part of Canal Park Playhouse’s Classic Brunch Matinee series, audience members can enjoy a selection of items from The Waffle Iron Café, from 10:30 AM – 6:30 PM on Sat and Sun for ticket holders only. The menu includes spinach, mushroom, smoked chicken sausage frittatas; French toast; and Traditional Belgian Waffles with pure Vermont maple syrup as well as the house specialty The Playhouse Pink Waffle (a pink waffle with strawberries and whipped cream).
Where: Rubin Museum of Art, 150 West 17 Street (between 6th and 7th Avenues)When: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PMWho: Ages 3-5, accompanied by an adultHow: Call 212.620.5000 x274 to pre-registerCost: $10 /$5 (members)For more info: http://www.rmanyc.org/
Friday, December 2 through Sunday, December 4 - Special Storytime with Arts for All at Barnes & Noble - Tribeca'
Where: Barnes & Noble, 97 Warren StWhen: 11:00 AMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://barnesandnoble.com
Where: Tribeca Whole Foods, Kids Zone on the 2nd Floor, 270 Greenwich StWhen: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PMWho: ToddlersHow: Please sign up by email at [email protected]Cost: FreeFor more info: http://wholefoodsmarket.com/
Where: Battery Park City Library, 175 North End Avenue (at Murray St)When: 11:00 AMWho: Ages 3-6How: First Come, First ServedCost: Free
Where: The South Street Seaport Mall, 3rd Floor, along Historic Front Street from Fulton Street to Beekman StreetWhen: 11:00 AM - 7:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.southstreetseaport.com/
Where: NY Kids Club - Battery Park, 393 South End Ave. (at Liberty St)When: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PMWho: Ages 2.5 - 8 yearsCost: One Child: $30.00; Two Children: $45.00; Three Children: $60.00For more info: http://www.nykidsclub.com/
Where: Karma Kids, 104 W 14th StWhen: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PMWho: For Teens only.How: Call (646)638-1444 or email [email protected] to reserve your space.Cost: $20 per childFor more info: http://www.karmakidsyoga.com/
- Chatham Square Library, 11am for ages 4-8
- NYU Bookstore, 11:30am, ages 3+
- Click here for Library Locations
- NYU Bookstore, 726 BroadwayWhen: n/aWho: All AgesHow: Just show up, but please verify the storytime either on the website or by calling since storytimes frequently change.Cost: Free
Where: Church Street School, 74 Warren StWhen: n/aWho: All AgesHow: Register EarlyCost: $95/houseFor more info: http://www.churchstreetschool.org
Saturday, December 3 through Sunday, December 4 - 'A Christmas Carol' at Manhattan Children's Theater
Where: Manhattan Children's Theatre, 380 Broadway, 4th Floor (Corner of Broadway & White St)When: Shows at 12PM & 2PMWho: Ages 5+Cost: Adults $18 / Children $16 / Seniors $17 (at the door $20)For more info: http://www.mctny.org/
Where: Abrons Arts Center, 466 Grand StWhen: 7:30 PM Tuesday - Saturday; Saturday & Sunday at 3PMWho: All AgesCost: $20; $25-$500 for GalaFor more info: http://support.henrystreet.org/
Where: New Museum, 235 BoweryWhen: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PMWho: Ages 4-15How: First come, first served. Your entire party must be present.Cost: Free for up to two adults per familyFor more info: http://www.newmuseum.org/
Where: St Luke's School, 487 Hudson Street (1 block south of Christopher)When: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: Adults $8 / Kids $5 / Seniors $3For more info: http://www.slschristmasfair.org/
Where: PS11 Cafeteria, 320 W 21st St.When: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://ps11chelsea.org/
Where: The Skyscraper Museum, 39 Battery PlaceWhen: 10:30 AM - 11:45 AMWho: All AgesHow: Registration is required by 5PM on Friday by emailing [email protected] or calling 212-945-6324.Cost: Suggested donation - $5For more info: http://www.skyscraper.org or call (212) 968- 1961
Where: IFC Center, 323 6th AveWhen: 11:00 AMWho: Ages 7+Cost: $9/child, $13/adultFor more info: http://gkids.tv/
Where: Chatham Square Library, 33 E BroadwayWhen: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PMWho: Ages 4+How: First Come, First ServedCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.nypl.org/
Where: Poets House, 10 River TerraceWhen: 11:00 AMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://poetshouse.org
Where: Center for Architecture Foundation, 536 LaGuardia Place (between Bleecker and West 3rd St)When: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM (11 AM - 1 PM or 2 - 4 PM)Who: Ages 5+Cost: $20/family of 4; $10 for Center for Architecture Foundation Dual/Family Members; additional guests accompanying a Family Admission are $5 each.For more info: http://www.cfafoundation.org
Where: The Flea Theater, 41 White Street (between Broadway & Church Sts)When: 11:00 AMWho: Ages K-6Cost: $12For more info: http://www.theflea.org/
Where: McNally Jackson, 52 Prince StWhen: 11:30 AM - 12:30 PMWho: Ages 3 to 8.How: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.mcnallyjackson.com/
artists. Visit the CMA website for upcoming workshop themes and age recommendations.
Where: Children's Museum of the Arts, 103 Charlton StWhen: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM (Museum is Closed on Tuesday)Who: Varies based on the workshopHow: No reservations requiredCost: $10 per person for admissions (Admission costs cover all workshops and materials)For more info: http://cmany.org/ or call (212) 274 - 0986
- ROBERT SABUDA - Chanukah Lights
- PAUL O. ZELINSKY - Knick-Knack Paddywhack
- CHARISE MERICLE HARPER - The Power of Cute
- MASHA D’YANS - Razzle-Dazzle Ruby
Where: Books of Wonder, 18 W 18th StWhen: 12:00 PM - 2:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.booksofwonder.com
Where: Taste Buds Kitchen, 109 W 27th StreetWhen: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PMWho: Ages 2-7How: Register NowCost: $40 per child; $20 per additional personFor more info: http://www.tastebudscook.com/
Where: Karma Kids Yoga, 104 West 14th Street (between 6th and 7th Avenues.)When: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PMWho: Ages 5+How: Call (212) 638-1444 or email [email protected] to registerCost: Fee is $20 per person.For more info: http://www.karmakidsyoga.com/
Where: Strand Book Store, 828 Broadway (corner of 12th St)When: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: $5/child for craft suppliesFor more info: http://www.strandbooks.com/
Where: Theater for the New City, 155 1st Avenue, between East 9th and East 10th Streets.When: 3:00 PMWho: Ages 5+How: Just Show UpCost: $12 / Children under 12: $6For more info: http://breadandpuppet.org
Where: Books of Wonder, 18 W. 18th St.When: n/aWho: All AgesHow: Just show up, but please verify the storytime either on the website or by calling since storytimes frequently change.Cost: FreeFor more info: Books of Wonder
Where: Meeting information provided upon registrationWhen: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PMWho: Grades K-5Cost: Sessions start at $135For more info: http://nycismybackyard.com
Where: 92YTribeca, 200 Hudson StreetWhen: 11:00 AMWho: All AgesCost: $15 for both kids and adults, children under 2-years-old free.For more info: http://www.92y.org or call 212.601.1000
Where: Players Theatre, 115 MacDougal St at Minetta LaneWhen: 11:00 AM (Instrument building workshop begins at 10:30am)Who: All AgesCost: $35For more info: http://theplayerstheatre.com/
Where: Museum at Eldridge Street, 12 Eldridge StreetWhen: 1:00 PM (Every Sunday)Who: Recommended for ages 5-10.How: Register by emailing [email protected]Cost: $15 per familyFor more info: http://www.eldridgestreet.org/ or call (212)219-0302
Where: Books of Wonder, 18 West 18th StWhen: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PMWho: Ages 3-7How: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.booksofwonder.com/
- 1:30 - 4:30 P.M. CRAFT ACTIVITIES
- 2:30 P.M. CONCERT The Macaroons Light Up Hanukkah: Rock out with The Macaroons for a fun filled concert featuring their hit songs “Hurry Up and Light the Candles,” “Billy Bagel,” and “Dreidel Bird.”
Where: Museum of Jewish Heritage, 36 Battery PlaceWhen: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PMWho: For ages 3 to 10.Cost: $10, $7 children 10 and under; Museum members: $7, $5 children 10 and underFor more info: http://www.mjhnyc.org
Where: 55 Bar at 55 Christopher Street (at 7th Ave)When: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PMWho: Ages 2-6How: Just show upCost: $5 per personFor more info: http://www.amycervini.com/
Where: THE MORGAN LIBRARY & MUSEUM, 225 Madison Avenue, at 36th StreetWhen: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PMWho: Appropriate for ages 6-12; limited to families with children; limit of two adult tickets per family.How: Just Show UpCost: $15 for adults; $10 for students, seniors (65 and over), and children (under 16); free to Members and children 12 and under accompanied by an adult.For more info: www.themorgan.org/public
- Storytime at Museum at Eldridge St at 10am for ages 3-5
- Hudson Park Library at 11:15, ages 1.5-3
- Ottendorfer at 11:30 & 1:30, ages 0-1.5 (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
- Seward Park at 2pm, ages 3-5
- Battery Park City at 9:30am, toddlers, and 4pm, ages 3-5
- Tompkins Square at 4pm, ages 3-8
When: n/aWho: All agesCost: FreeFor more info: NYPL
Monday, December 5 through Friday, December 9 - Daily Screenings at the National Museum of the American Indian
- Stories from the Seventh Fire: The Legend of the First Thanksgiving
- How People Got Fire
Where: National Museum of the American Indian, One Bowling GreenWhen: 10:30 AM - 11:30 AMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.nmai.si.edu
Where: Taste Buds, 109 W 27th St, 10th floor (btw 6th & 7th Aves)When: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PMWho: Ages 2-8How: Just Show Up -- stay a half hour or the entire time!Cost: $20For more info: http://www.tastebudscook.com/
- Scholastic at 11am, all ages
- Barnes & Noble at 11am, all ages
- giggle at 4pm
- Mulberry St, 10:30 & 11:30, ages 0-1.5
- Battery Park, Baby Storytime at 11:30am (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
- Seward Park, Toddler Time at 11am
Where: giggle, 120 Wooster St
B&N 97 Warren St
Scholastic, 557 Broadway
Click here for Library LocationsWhen: n/aWho: All AgesCost: Free
Where: Ottendorfer Library, 135 2nd AveWhen: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PMWho: Ages 3-12How: Just Show UpCost: Free
Where: Moomah, 161 Hudson St, New York, NY 10013When: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PMWho: Moms OnlyCost: $85For more info: http://moomah.com/
- Scholastic at 11am, all ages
- Battery Park at 10:30, ages 1.5-3, and 3:30pm, ages 3-12
- Chatham Square at 10:30, ages 1.5-3
- Seward Park at 11:15am, ages 0-18 months and at 12pm for toddlers
- Ottendorfer at 11:30, 12, ages 1.5-3
- Hudson Park at 11:15, infants
- Tompkins Square at 4pm, ages 2-8
- Hamiliton Fish Park at 4pm, ages 3-12
- Crewcuts, 50 Hudson St at 11:30am, ages 3-5 (first Wed. of each month)
- Scholastic, 557 Broadway
- Click Here for Library LocationsWhen: n/aWho: All AgesCost: Free
explore together, then create projects inspired by Himalayan art.
Where: Rubin Museum of Art, 150 West 17th StreetWhen: 10:30 AM - 11:30 AMWho: Ages 2-4, accompanied by an adultHow: Just Show UpCost: $10.00 (Member Price: $5.00)For more info: http://www.rmanyc.org/
Where: Bookstore Cafe, 126 Crosby StWhen: 11:00 AM - 11:30 AMWho: 3 and under and their caretakers.How: Just Show UpCost: $5 per family at the doorFor more info: http://www.housingworks.org
Where: Sunshine Cinema, 143 East Houston StreetWhen: 12:00 PMWho: Caregiver & babyHow: Just Show UpCost: $13For more info: http://www.landmarktheatres.com/
- Scholastic: 11am, all ages
- Hamilton Fish Park: 10:15, ages 1.5-3
- Battery Park City: 11:30, ages 0-1.5
- Ottendorfer Library: 4pm, ages 1.5-5
- Mulberry St. Library: 10:30, 1.5-3
- Hudson Park: 3:30, Kids Music that Rocks
- Seward Park: Arts & Crafts at 4 PM
When: Recurring WeeklyWho: All AgesCost: FreeFor more info: Library storytimes and activities may change. Please visit NYPL.org verify times.
Where: South Street Seaport Museum, 12 Fulton StreetWhen: 10:00 AM (Every Thursday Morning)Who: 18 months to 3 years, and adult caretakersHow: For reservations, please e-mail [email protected], or call 212-748-8786.Cost: $15 per individual program; or $40 for one month, or four consecutive programs, in advanceFor more info: http://pitchengine.com/
Where: Jefferson Market Library, 425 Avenue of the AmericasWhen: 3:30 PMWho: Ages 6-12How: Pre-register by calling or in-personCost: Free
Friday, December 9 through Sunday, December 11 - Santa's Winter Garden at the World Financial Center
Where: Winter Garden at the World Financial CenterWhen: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Santa Breaks between 1-2PM)Who: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: Free with Photo Packages starting at $20For more info: http://www.artsworldfinancialcenter.com/
Where: Citibabes, 52 Mercer StWhen: 4:00 PM - 7:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Please call 212.334.5440 or email [email protected] to RSVP.Cost: The cost is complimentary for members and $35 for non-members.For more info: http://citibabes.com/
Where: Florence Gould Hall, 55 E 59th StWhen: Shows at 11am, 1pm & 3:30pmWho: Ages 3+Cost: $25 and upFor more info: http://www.nytb.org/
Where: PS/IS 276, 55 Battery Place, 5th FloorWhen: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.bpcschool.org/
Where: Winter Garden at the World Financial CenterWhen: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.artsworldfinancialcenter.com/
Where: Merchant's House Museum, 29 E 4th StWhen: 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM (Tours are every half-hour)Who: Ages 7+Cost: $20, $15 Children 12 & under, $10 MHM Members.For more info: http://merchantshouse.org
Where: Washington Market Park, Greenwich St at DuaneWhen: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM (Rain Date: Sunday, December 11th)Who: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.washingtonmarketpark.org
Where: Michael Schimmel Center for the Arts at Pace University, 3 Spruce StreetWhen: 2:00 PMWho: Ages 8+Cost: $25-$45For more info: http://www.villagelightopera.org/
Where: The Bell House, 149 7th Street Brooklyn, NY 11215When: 11:30 AMWho: All AgesCost: $10 in advance/$12 at the doorFor more info: www.suzishelton.com
Where: New York City Fire Museum, 278 Spring StWhen: 11:30 AM - 2:30 PMWho: All AgesCost: $8 per adult / $1 per childFor more info: http://www.nycfiremuseum.org
Where: Gotham Comedy Club, 208 W 23rd StWhen: 1:00 PMWho: Ages 9+How: Just Show UpCost: $15 plus one item minimumFor more info: http://kidsncomedy.com/
Where: 583 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10065When: 3:00 PMWho: All AgesCost: $35 ($20 for SquareSpot Loyalty Card Holders)For more info: http://squarespot.com
Where: Judson Memorial Church, 55 Washington Square SouthWhen: 3:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: $15 general admission, $10 seniors and studentsFor more info: http://www.westvillagechorale.org/messiah.html
Where: City Treehouse, 129A W 20th St (between 6th and 7th Aves)When: 10:00 AM - 10:45 AMWho: Ages 2-4How: To register, call (212) 255-2050 or email [email protected]Cost: $20/child in advance ($25 at the door)For more info: http://www.citytreehouse.com
Where: Park Avenue Armory, 643 Park Avenue (between 66th and 67th St)When: Varies by day - show is 70 minutes with no intermissionWho: Ages 5+Cost: $25 per child / $35 per adultFor more info: http://www.armoryonpark.org/
Where: giggle, 120 Wooster St (between Prince & Spring)When: 4:00 PM (Second Wednesday of the Month)Who: All AgesHow: Call 212-334-5817 or email [email protected] to reserve a spot.Cost: FreeFor more info: http://www.giggle.com/
Thursday, December 15 - Holiday Caroling and The Trinity Youth Chorus’ Rendition of Benjamin Britten’s Ceremony of Carols
Where: St. Paul’s Chapel, Broadway and Fulton StreetWhen: 5:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: For more information call 212.602.0800 or visit trinitywallstreet.org.
When: 7:30 PM - 6:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.artsworldfinancialcenter.com
Where: 208 W 13th Street (Gay and Lesbian Center) - the building and room are all stroller accessibleWhen: 4:30 PM - 5:30 PMWho: For babies 0-2 years old. All are welcome (there's no velvet rope) so please bring your friends!Cost: $15/session or buy the Challah Pass for $90 and get the 7th class free (after all, the 7th day is Shabbat and the day of rest!)For more info: http://www.newshul.org
Where: Charlotte’s Place, 109 Greenwich Street (rear of 74 Trinity Place), between Rector and Carlisle Streets)When: 6:00 PM - 7:30 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.trinitywallstreet.org
Where: 55 Washington SquareWhen: 7:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.westvillagechorale.org/messiah.html
On the Menu: Three-Color Latkes; Chocolate Eggnog Floats; African Coconut Cake.
Where: Whole Foods Market (Bowery), 95 East Houston StWhen: n/aWho: Ages 2-5 (+1 adult) at 12PM, Ages 6-9 at 2PM, Ages 10-13 at 4PMCost: $30 per childFor more info: http://wholefoodsmarket.com
Where: The Salvatore Capezio Theater at Peridance, 126 E 13th StWhen: Performance times vary by dayWho: Ages 7+Cost: $15 per child / $30 per adultFor more info: http://www.peridance.com/
Where: Tribeca Whole Foods Wellness Club, 270 Greenwich StWhen: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PMWho: Ages 4-9Cost: Members/Free; Non-Members/$25.For more info: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/
Saturday, December 17 through Sunday, December 18 - 'Travelin' Treats' at the New York Transit Museum
Where: New York Transit Museum, corner of Boerum Place and Schermerhorn St in Brooklyn HeightsWhen: 1:30 PMWho: Ages 4+How: Just Show UpCost: Free with paid admissionsFor more info: http://mta.info
Where: Playgarden, 95 Franklin St, New York, NY 10012When: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PMWho: Ages 2-7How: Email Caitin Tucker at [email protected]Cost: $40 for 1 child, $70 for 2 children, $100 for 3 childrenFor more info: http://www.projectplaydate.org/
Where: Starts at The Arch at Washington Square Park and Ends at Tompkins Square ParkWhen: 6:45 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://unsilentnight.com/
Where: Ideya Latin Bistro, 349 W Broadway between Broome and GrandeWhen: 10:00 AMWho: All AgesHow: Call for Reservations: (212)625-1441Cost: Free with an a la carte brunch; Kids menu availableFor more info: http://www.ideya.net/ or call (212)625-1441
Where: Broad Street Ball Room Gymnasium, 41 Broad Street(Between Beaver & Exchange Place)When: 12:00 PM - 3:00 PMWho: Ages 1-9 yearsCost: $15For more info: http://www.littleclubheads.com/
Where: McBurney YMCA, 125 West 14th STWhen: 12:00 PM - 2:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Tickets can be purchased at the McBurney YMCA Member Services DeskCost:
- Member Rate: 1-2 Adults + up to 3 Children- $15
- Non-member Rate: 1-2 Adults + up to 3 Children- $17
- $5 each additional child or adultFor more info: https://www.facebook.com
Where: The Ukrainian Museum, 222 East 6th Street (bet. 2nd and 3rd Aves.)When: 1:30 PM - 3:30 PMWho: Ages 5-12How: To register, please call 212-228-0110 or send an e-mail to [email protected].Cost: All Family Workshops are $5 per family member/ $3 per Museum member.For more info: http://www.ukrainianmuseum.org/
Monday, December 19 through Thursday, December 23 - Super Soccer Stars Holiday Mini Camp and Kick It! Week I
Where: Visit the Super Soccer Stars Website for LocationsWhen: 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM (Week II runs 12/26-12/30)Who: Ages 2.5-5 and 6-12How: Enroll OnlineCost: $300-395For more info: http://www.supersoccerstar.com/
Cool Mom Picks and CNET Recommendations
In general my husband is the one who does the research when it comes to purchasing the latest and greatest in technology. So when I called him from the CNET Gotham Pop-Up Store he was jealous and very anxious to hear about the new gadgets I had discovered. I was excited to share with him and you all the hottest recommendations from Liz Gubinner and Kristen Chase from Cool Mom Tech and Molly Wood and Lindsey Turrentin from CNET.
Some items they introduced were stylish, others practical and some were ...
If you’ve got a tween, then you’ve had that moment. You know the one. You are watching a movie together and something happens onscreen that makes one, or both, of you wish you weren’t sitting side by side. You squirm a little and cast a sideways glance at your kid. He stares steadfast at the screen.
Can’t we do better? P&G and Walmart believe so and have teamed up to create Family Movie Night, a series of made-for-TV-movies designed to entertain, educate and encourage families ...
From Starwood Hotels & Resorts!
Do the Holidays have you overwhelmed? Need to get away?
Starwood Hotels & Resorts has the perfect solution, a getaway fit for all the characters in your family.
Star in your own family adventure this winter. Reserve your stay by March 31, 2012 at participating Starwood resorts in North America and enjoy:
- Guaranteed connecting rooms or a suite where available
- Up to $100 in daily resort credits
- Collectible Muppet’s Book*
*Only one book per child. Books are only available at participating resorts in the United States and Canada.
Enjoy warm ...
And Everything Else On Your List at Zappos!
There are two kinds of gifts under a tree: the kind you need and the kind you want. And when it comes to kids, the latter tends to be the pleaser. But how are parents supposed to tackle the obstacle of merging the two? That’s where we come in.
With thousands of brands and styles to choose from, Zappos.com is the answer to all of your gifting woes, especially when it comes to kids. And this season, there’s no better way to combine their wants and needs ...
Yes, that's right! Even the town where Santa, the elves, the reindeer, and all the magic lives has a Macaroni Kid! Of course they do! Macaroni Kid is awesome!
The publisher mom for North Pole MK is Jessica Claus (yes, Mrs. Claus herself!!!) and this time of year she is really getting into the spirit of giving! From now until Christmas, be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a beat, or check the site often because Jessica Claus is going to start giving away some really fabulous ...
Ongoing Kid Friendly Performances
- Where: 115 MacDougal St (at Minetta Ln)
- Description: Literally Alive Children's Theatre presents a lively musical twist on the classic holiday tale.
- Who: Ages 5+
- When: Nov 27th-Dec 30th
- Cost: $25-50
- Where: Manhattan Children's Theater
- Description: Based on the classic holiday tale.
- Who: Ages 5+
- When: Nov 12th-Dec 24th, Saturdays & Sundays at 12 & 2pm
- Cost: $18/adult and $16/Child
- Where: Canal Park Playhouse
- Description: Classic Charles Dickens meets Willy Wonka. Have brunch at the Waffle Iron Cafe before the show.
- Who: Ages 7+
- When: Dec 1st - 24th, Thurs & Fri. at 7PM and Saturdays at 12 & 2PM
- Cost: $18
- Where: McGinn/Cazale Theatre, 2162 Broadway, 4th Floor
- Who: Ages 3 to 12
- When: Saturdays & Sundays at 1pm
- Cost: $29.50; PREMIUM
- Where: 2162 Broadway, 4th Floor
- Who: Ages 3 to 12
- When: November 25th, Dec 26-29th, 11am & 1pm
- Cost: $29.50; PREMIUM
- Where: New Victory Theate,
- Description: Cirque Shanghai, the world's premier company of Chinese acrobats
- Who: All Ages
- When: Through Jan 1
- Cost: $17-55
- Where: 10 W 64th St & Central Park West
- Description: Adapted from the classic children's book series by Stan and Jan Berenstain, The Berenstain Bears LIVE! in Family Matters, the Musical brings everyone's favorite bear family to life in a thrilling theatrical experience that kids as well as their parents will treasure for many years to come.
- When: Through December
- Who: All Ages
- Cost: $9.95 - 59.95
- Where: Damrosch Park, Lincoln Center
- Description: Silly fun at the circus, perfect for the whole family
- When: Through Jan 8th, 2012
- Who: All Ages
- Cost: $15-$125
- Where: New World Stages, 340 West 50th Street
- Who: Ages 3 and up
- Cost: $39
- Where: The Bank St Theater
- Description: A puppet ballet -- perfect for young theater lovers.
- When: Nov 20-Dec 4th, Sundays at 11am & 3pm
- Who: All Ages
- Cost: $5
- Where: The Theater at Madison Square Garden
- When: Dec 14th - 30th
- Who: All Ages
- Cost: $55-99
- Where: Manhattan Movement and Arts Center, 248 W 60th St
- Description: A tot obsessed with eating pink cupcakes finds herself turning her favorite rosy hue.
- Who: All ages.
- Cost: $8-$25
- Where: Radio City Music Hall, 1260 Avenue of the Americas, between W. 50th St. and W. 51st St.
- Description: Best Holiday Show for over 75 Years! Features the Rockettes.
- When: November 11 - Jan 2nd
- Who: All ages
- Cost: Starting at $45 a ticket
- Where:1 Sheridan Sq (between washington Place and W 4th ST
- Description: For the 7th year in a row this popular family show is entertaining families. Adapted from the Brother’s Grimm, Seven in One Blow… tells the story about of a kid who learns important lessons from the most unlikely creatures.
- When: Dec 2nd - Dec 16th
- Who: Ages 4+
- Cost: $12, children under 13 $6
- Where: Galli Theater - Midtown, 347 W 36th St
- Description: Performed by a 3 person cast, this is a unique take on the classic tale.
- When: Dec 3-31, Sat & Sun at 2pm
- Who: Ages 3+
- Cost: $15/children, $20/adult
- Where: 234 W 42nd St
- Description: 100th anniversary of this concert series, movie theatres across the country will show the performance that people rave about.
- When: Dec 4
- Who: All Ages
- Cost: $16/children, $20/adult
- Where: Swedish Cottage Marionette Theatre in Central Park (81st St and Central Park West)
- Description: The Three Bears Holiday Bash is a variety show that celebrates the holiday season in song, dance, and puppetry. This production quickly becomes a comedy of errors when Baby Bear invites Santa to star in Mama and Papa Bears’ annual holiday show. Drawing from the stories of Hanukkah, the Night Before Christmas, and Kwanzaa, The Three Bears Holiday Bash is a great way to get into the holiday season spirit.
- When: Nov 14th - Dec 30th, Mon - Fri. at 10:30 & 12pm; Wed. at 2:30pm; Sat & Sun at 1:00PM with additional shows on Nov 25th & Dec 27th-30th.
- Cost: $8 per adult/ $5 per child
Always call ahead or check NYPL.org to verify times
175 North End Avenue (at Murray Street)
33 East Broadway (near Catherine St.)
415 East Houston Street (near Avenue D)
66 Leroy Street (off Seventh Ave. South)
424 Avenue of the Americas
10 Jersey Street (Between Lafayette & Mulberry Streets)
9 Murray Street (between Broadway & Church St.)
135 Second Avenue (near E ...
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC