December 15, 2011
- This Week's Best Christmas, Chanukah & Winter Fun
- GIVEAWAY & DISCOUNT from Genius Organizing
- GIVEAWAY: Itzy Ritzy Snack Happened Snack Bag
- GIVEAWAY: Suzi Shelton's New Release
- GIVEAWAY: JAWS Home Cleaning System
- GIVEAWAY: Betty Crocker Milk Chocolate Brownie
- Popbar's New Hot Chocolate on a Stick
- Catch the Great Holiday Classics on TV This Season
- 8 Ways to Celebrate Chanukah With Your Family Rea
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Plan Ahead
- Hot Tech Gift Ideas
- Macaroni Kid Holiday Gift Ideas
- At the Theater
- NY Library Locations
Read on and enter one of our 5 Giveaways this week!!!
The end of the year is fast approaching so that means lots of holiday parties, vacations and family get togethers. But make sure you leave some time to take advantage of all the amazing events going on city this month! We also have some great giveaway this week just in time for the holidays so don't be shy enter one, two or all of them. Sorry for so many article this week, but the next two weeks will be just events listings so that we can all spend less time online and more time with our families.
Don't forget to encourage your friends to sign-up to receive Macaroni Kid! They will appreciate all of the great event listings during the cold winter months and throughout the year.
I am also super excited to announce that you can now Submit an Event Request on the site. So please take advantage of this great new feature to make sure your event or an event that you love makes it into the newsletter.
Congratulations to Tzivia the winner of last weeks's Oxo giveaway!
Not sure where you are going to put everything after the holidays, let the experts help!
The organizing experts at Genius Organizing know that it is not easy to keep a NYC apartment clutter free. We all try, but sometimes it takes someone from the outside to help inspire us to get started, part with items we really don't need and come up with a system that will be easy to maintain in the long term. This holiday season they are not only providing a one hour complimentary consultation to a lucky Macaroni Kid subscriber, but they are also offering a special holiday discount (1-hr ...
This week we are giving away another item from our Holiday Gift Ideas: an Itzy Ritzy Snack Happened Bag in the pattern of your choice. If you have little kids I promise you will use it nearly every day.
I love my snack bags because the first question from my children when I pick them up from school, get into the car or pretty much anytime they aren’t fully engage in an activity is “Mom, do you have a snack?” I tried various containers, but they were all too ...
Suzi Shelton has an amazing voice that has captured fans young and old. Much to my kids dismay we still haven't made it one of her live shows, but her songs are some of our favorites. Suzi is a talented singer / songwriter who has won multiple awards from Parent's Choice, iParenting Media and a Gold Award from National Parenting Publications. Of course none of these things matter to my kids all that they just singing and dancing along to her catch tunes!
Inspired by her own daughter Suzi ...
Refillable, Reusable Just Add Waster System is an eco-friendly way to clean
I have been cleaning a lot recently!!! Of course with two young kids I feel like I am always cleaning something, but this holiday season I have had to do a lot more extensive cleaning to make the apartment presentable for guests. I expect my cleaning supplies to leave everything looking clean and with all of the germs my kids pick up at school I need something that will disinfect. But that's not all that I expect! I also want something non-toxic, convenient, eco-friendly and reasonably priced. So when ...
I love to bake with the kids and we generally make things from scratch. I like to know what is going into my food and I like my kids to understand what ingredients are required. I also think all of the measuring is a fun way to incorporate some learning. However, there is not always the time so I always have some mixes on hand.
We recently used the Betty Crocker Milk Chocolate Brownie mix that I had received from MyBlogSpark for this review to whip up some treats for ...
This Creamy, Rich Delicacy is the Perfect Winter Treat!
During the summer months it is hard to walk by Popbars colorfully displayed rows of gelatto, sorbet and frozen yogurt pops without feeling the urge to stop in for one of the refreshing treats. But when bundled from head to toe stopping for a cold snack is not as appealing especially when trying to get around with slow moving children or a stroller. Popbar owners, Rueben BenHehuda and Daniel Yaghoubi, can understand this so they expanded their selection to include 3 mouth-watering Hot Chocolate on a Stick options for the ...
Dates and Times of Your Favorite Movies
Thanks to Mary Lauren Randall, a Macaroni Kid Publisher in Orlando, for putting together this list!
This is my favorite time of year. The decorations, music and classic holiday movies are essential. I've put together this list of a few classics being shown on TV this season. We'll keep this article running all month. Keep checking back for updated listings. As I find them, so will you.
Get reminders and last minute finds by liking our Facebook page. Enjoy!
Friday, Dec. 16 -
"Mickey's Christmas Special" 6 p ...
As you know, there are 8 nights to celebrate the wonderful holiday of Chanukah. Here are 8 special ways to celebrate each night.
1) Celebrate with your community. There are several Chanukah celebrations in our area--at the malls, at local synagogues, community centers, etc. Chabad also holds Chanukah programs throughout the country, click here to find ones in your area. And be sure to check Macaroni Kid's listings for upcoming Chanukah events!
2) Cook up the oil! It is customary to eat foods fried or baked in oil (preferably ...
Where: Park Avenue Armory, 643 Park Avenue (between 66th and 67th St)When: Varies by day - show is 70 minutes with no intermissionWho: Ages 5+Cost: $25 per child / $35 per adultFor more info: http://www.armoryonpark.org/
Where: Park Here, 201 Mulberry StWhen: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: RSVP to [email protected]Cost: $25/day or $200 full season pass
Where: Charlotte’s Place, 109 Greenwich Street (rear of 74 Trinity Place), between Rector and Carlisle Streets)When: 6:00 PM - 7:30 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.trinitywallstreet.org
Where: City Winery, 155 Varick StWhen: 2:00 PM (Doors open at 1PM)Who: All AgesCost: $20 advance/$25 at the doorFor more info: http://citywinery.com
Where: Kids at Work, 242 West 27th StreetWhen: 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM (Second class on 12/21)Who: Ages 2-4How: Register in AdvanceCost: Single Day - $85 per child; Both Days - $150 per child
Monday, December 19 through Thursday, December 23 - Super Soccer Stars Holiday Mini Camp and Kick It! Week I
Where: Visit the Super Soccer Stars Website for LocationsWhen: 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM (Week II runs 12/26-12/30)Who: Ages 2.5-5 and 6-12How: Enroll OnlineCost: $300-395For more info: http://www.supersoccerstars.com/
- Karma Kids at 3:00pm for ages 0-6
- McNally Jackson at 4pm for ages 0-2
- McNally Jackson, 52 Prince Street
- Karma Kids, 104 W 14th St
- Click Here for Library AddressesWhen: n/aWho: All AgesHow: Just show up, but please verify the storytime either on the website or by calling since storytimes frequently change.Cost: Free
Where: Canal Park Playhouse, 508 Canal Street, between Greenwich and West Streets in Tribeca)When: Thursday & Friday at 7PM; Saturdays at 12 & 2PMWho: Ages 7+Cost: $18 per ticketFor more info: As part of Canal Park Playhouse’s Classic Brunch Matinee series, audience members can enjoy a selection of items from The Waffle Iron Café, from 10:30 AM – 6:30 PM on Sat and Sun for ticket holders only. The menu includes spinach, mushroom, smoked chicken sausage frittatas; French toast; and Traditional Belgian Waffles with pure Vermont maple syrup as well as the house specialty The Playhouse Pink Waffle (a pink waffle with strawberries and whipped cream).
Where: Rubin Museum of Art, 150 West 17 Street (between 6th and 7th Avenues)When: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PMWho: Ages 3-5, accompanied by an adultHow: Call 212.620.5000 x274 to pre-registerCost: $10 /$5 (members)For more info: http://www.rmanyc.org/
Where: Tribeca Whole Foods, Kids Zone on the 2nd Floor, 270 Greenwich StWhen: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PMWho: ToddlersHow: Please sign up by email at [email protected]Cost: FreeFor more info: http://wholefoodsmarket.com/
Where: The South Street Seaport Mall, 3rd Floor, along Historic Front Street from Fulton Street to Beekman StreetWhen: 11:00 AM - 7:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.southstreetseaport.com/
Where: 208 W 13th Street (Gay and Lesbian Center) - the building and room are all stroller accessibleWhen: 4:30 PM - 5:30 PMWho: For babies 0-2 years old. All are welcome (there's no velvet rope) so please bring your friends!Cost: $15/session or buy the Challah Pass for $90 and get the 7th class free (after all, the 7th day is Shabbat and the day of rest!)For more info: http://www.newshul.org
Friday, December 16 - Holiday Caroling and The Trinity Youth Chorus’ Rendition of Benjamin Britten’s Ceremony of Carols
Where: St. Paul’s Chapel, Broadway and Fulton StreetWhen: 5:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: Free
Where: NY Kids Club - Battery Park, 393 South End Ave. (at Liberty St)When: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PMWho: Ages 2.5 - 8 yearsCost: One Child: $30.00; Two Children: $45.00; Three Children: $60.00For more info: http://www.nykidsclub.com/
Where: 55 Washington SquareWhen: 7:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.westvillagechorale.org/messiah.html
Where: Connelly Theater, 220 E 4th St (between Avenues A & B)When: Shows at 11:30am & 3pmWho: All AgesCost: $15For more info: https://web.ovationtix.com/trs/cal/28635
Where: Children's Museum of the Arts, 103 Charlton StWhen: Workshop at 1pm, Performance at 3pmWho: All AgesHow: Just Show upCost: $10 per personFor more info: http://www.cmany.org/
- Chatham Square Library, 11am for ages 4-8
- NYU Bookstore, 11:30am, ages 3+
- Click here for Library Locations
- NYU Bookstore, 726 BroadwayWhen: n/aWho: All AgesHow: Just show up, but please verify the storytime either on the website or by calling since storytimes frequently change.Cost: Free
On the Menu: Three-Color Latkes; Chocolate Eggnog Floats; African Coconut Cake.
Where: Whole Foods Market (Bowery), 95 East Houston StWhen: n/aWho: Ages 2-5 (+1 adult) at 12PM, Ages 6-9 at 2PM, Ages 10-13 at 4PMCost: $30 per childFor more info: http://wholefoodsmarket.com
Where: Florence Gould Hall, 55 E 59th StWhen: Shows at 11am, 1pm & 3:30pmWho: Ages 3+Cost: $25 and upFor more info: http://www.nytb.org/
Where: Church Street School, 74 Warren StWhen: Saturdays at 2:15 & 4pm; Sundays at 11, 1 and 3Who: All AgesHow: Register EarlyCost: Call for PriceFor more info: http://www.churchstreetschool.org
Saturday, December 17 through Sunday, December 18 - 'A Christmas Carol' at Manhattan Children's Theater
Where: Manhattan Children's Theatre, 380 Broadway, 4th Floor (Corner of Broadway & White St)When: Shows at 12PM & 2PMWho: Ages 5+Cost: Adults $18 / Children $16 / Seniors $17 (at the door $20)For more info: http://www.mctny.org/
Where: The Salvatore Capezio Theater at Peridance, 126 E 13th StWhen: Performance times vary by dayWho: Ages 7+Cost: $15 per child / $30 per adultFor more info: http://www.peridance.com/
Where: Tribeca Whole Foods Wellness Club, 270 Greenwich St, 2nd FloorWhen: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AMWho: Ages 4-9Cost: Members/Free; Non-Members/$25.For more info: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/
Where: Meeting information provided upon registrationWhen: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PMWho: Grades K-5Cost: Sessions start at $135For more info: http://nycismybackyard.com
Where: The Skyscraper Museum, 39 Battery PlaceWhen: 10:30 AM - 11:45 AMWho: All AgesHow: Registration is required by 5PM on Friday by emailing [email protected] or calling 212-945-6324.Cost: Suggested donation - $5For more info: http://www.skyscraper.org or call (212) 968- 1961
Where: The Flea Theater, 41 White Street (between Broadway & Church Sts)When: 11:00 AM (Saturdays & Sundays in through 12/18)Who: Ages K-6Cost: $12For more info: http://www.theflea.org/
Where: 82 Mercer StWhen: 12:00 PM - 6:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.yelp.com/
artists. Visit the CMA website for upcoming workshop themes and age recommendations.
Where: Children's Museum of the Arts, 103 Charlton StWhen: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM (Museum is Closed on Tuesday)Who: Varies based on the workshopHow: No reservations requiredCost: $10 per person for admissions (Admission costs cover all workshops and materials)For more info: http://cmany.org/ or call (212) 274 - 0986
Where: Theater for the New City, 155 First Avenue (between 9th and 10th Streets)When: 1:00 PM (Puppet Making begins at 12:00; Show Runs weekends Through 12/18)Who: Ages 5-9Cost: $10/Adult; $7/Child (For an additional $3/child you can make your own puppet before the show)For more info: http://www.theaterforthenewcity.net/
Saturday, December 17 through Sunday, December 18 - 'Travelin' Treats' at the New York Transit Museum
Where: New York Transit Museum, corner of Boerum Place and Schermerhorn St in Brooklyn HeightsWhen: 1:30 PMWho: Ages 4+How: Just Show UpCost: Free with paid admissionsFor more info: http://mta.info
Where: Jade's Toy Box, 124 Hudson St @ N. MooreWhen: 2:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.jadestoybox.com/
Where: Theater for the New City, 155 1st Avenue, between East 9th and East 10th Streets.When: 3:00 PMWho: Ages 5+How: Just Show UpCost: $12 / Children under 12: $6For more info: http://breadandpuppet.org
Where: Playgarden, 95 Franklin St, New York, NY 10012When: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PMWho: Ages 2-7How: Email Caitin Tucker at [email protected]Cost: $40 for 1 child, $70 for 2 children, $100 for 3 childrenFor more info: http://www.projectplaydate.org/
Where: Starts at The Arch at Washington Square Park and Ends at Tompkins Square ParkWhen: 6:45 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://unsilentnight.com/
Where: Books of Wonder, 18 W. 18th St.When: n/aWho: All AgesHow: Just show up, but please verify the storytime either on the website or by calling since storytimes frequently change.Cost: FreeFor more info: Books of Wonder
Where: Ideya Latin Bistro, 349 W Broadway between Broome and GrandeWhen: 10:00 AMWho: All AgesHow: Call for Reservations: (212)625-1441Cost: Free with an a la carte brunch; Kids menu availableFor more info: http://www.ideya.net/ or call (212)625-1441
Where: 14th St Y, 344 E 14th St New York, NYWhen: 11:00 AMWho: Ages 2-10Cost: $20/family up to 6; $5/personFor more info: http://www.14streety.org
Where: 92YTribeca, 200 Hudson StreetWhen: 11:00 AMWho: All AgesCost: $15 for both kids and adults, children under 2-years-old free.For more info: http://www.92y.org or call 212.601.1000
Where: Museum at Eldridge Street, 12 Eldridge StreetWhen: 1:00 PM (Every Sunday)Who: Recommended for ages 5-10.How: Register by emailing [email protected]Cost: $15 per familyFor more info: http://www.eldridgestreet.org/ or call (212)219-0302
Where: The Ukrainian Museum, 222 East 6th Street (bet. 2nd and 3rd Aves.)When: 1:30 PM - 3:30 PMWho: Ages 5-12How: To register, please call 212-228-0110 or send an e-mail to [email protected].Cost: All Family Workshops are $5 per family member/ $3 per Museum member.For more info: http://www.ukrainianmuseum.org/
Where: Jade's Toy Box, 124 Hudson St at North MooreWhen: 2:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.jadestoybox.com/
Where: Begins at the intersection of Canal and Mulberry Streets then heads north on Mulberry, south on Mott from Prince to Worth, ending at Chatham SquareWhen: 2:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://littleitalyguide.com
Where: 55 Bar at 55 Christopher Street (at 7th Ave)When: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PMWho: Ages 2-6How: Just show upCost: $5 per personFor more info: http://www.amycervini.com/
Where: City Treehouse, 129A W 20th St (Between 6th and 7th Aves)When: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: To learn more or sign up, call (212) 255-2050 or email [email protected].Cost: $20/childFor more info: http://www.citytreehouse.com/
- Storytime at Museum at Eldridge St at 10am for ages 3-5
- Jefferson Market at 11am, Toddlers
- Hudson Park Library at 11:15, ages 1.5-3
- Ottendorfer at 11:30 & 1:30, ages 0-1.5 (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
- Seward Park at 2pm, ages 3-5
- Battery Park City at 9:30am, toddlers, and 4pm, ages 3-5
- Tompkins Square at 4pm, ages 3-8
When: n/aWho: All agesCost: FreeFor more info: NYPL
Monday, December 19 through Friday, December 23 - Daily Screenings at the National Museum of the American Indian
- Snowsnake: Game of the Haudenosaunnee
- Wapos Bay: There's No 'I' in Hockey
Where: National Museum of the American Indian, One Bowling GreenWhen: 10:30 AM - 11:30 AMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.nmai.si.edu
Where: Taste Buds, 109 W 27th St, 10th floor (btw 6th & 7th Aves)When: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PMWho: Ages 2-8How: Just Show Up -- stay a half hour or the entire time!Cost: $20
- Scholastic at 11am, all ages
- Barnes & Noble at 11am, all ages
- giggle at 4pm
- Mulberry St, 10:30 & 11:30, ages 0-1.5
- Battery Park, Baby Storytime at 11:30am (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
- Seward Park, Toddler Time at 11am
Where: giggle, 120 Wooster St
B&N 97 Warren St
Scholastic, 557 Broadway
Click here for Library LocationsWhen: n/aWho: All AgesCost: Free
Where: Madison Square Park 23rd Street between Broadway Boulevard and 5th Avenue New York, NYWhen: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://nyluxury.com/eventinfo.cfm?id=99982
Tuesday, December 20 - 'Photos with Mrs. Claus' and 'Create Your Own Gingerbread House' at Ottendorfer Library
Where: Ottendorfer Library, 135 2nd AveWhen: 4:00 PM (Photos also available at noon)Who: All Ages for the photos; Ages 4+ for the gingerbread building and decoratingHow: Just Show UpCost: Free
Where: Battery Park City LibraryWhen: 4:00 PMWho: For ages 4-8How: Pre-Register by calling or in-personCost: Free
Where: Citibabes, 52 Mercer StWhen: 4:00 PMWho:
The workshop is for children ages 2.5 - 5 years.How: Please call 212.334.5440 or email [email protected] to RSVP by Dec 14thCost: $30 for members / $35 for non-membersFor more info: http://citibabes.com/
- Scholastic at 11am, all ages
- Battery Park at 10:30, ages 1.5-3
- Chatham Square at 10:30, ages 1.5-3
- Seward Park at 11:15am, ages 0-18 months and at 12pm for toddlers
- Ottendorfer at 11:30, 12, ages 1.5-3
- Hudson Park at 11:15, infants
- Tompkins Square at 4pm, ages 2-8
- Hamiliton Fish Park at 4pm, ages 3-12
- Crewcuts, 50 Hudson St at 11:30am, ages 3-5 (first Wed. of each month)
- Scholastic, 557 Broadway
- Click Here for Library LocationsWhen: n/aWho: All AgesCost: Free
explore together, then create projects inspired by Himalayan art.
Where: Rubin Museum of Art, 150 West 17th StreetWhen: 10:30 AM - 11:30 AMWho: Ages 2-4, accompanied by an adultHow: Just Show UpCost: $10.00 (Member Price: $5.00)For more info: http://www.rmanyc.org/
Where: Bookstore Cafe, 126 Crosby StWhen: 11:00 AM - 11:30 AMWho: 3 and under and their caretakers.How: Just Show UpCost: $5 per family at the doorFor more info: http://www.housingworks.org
Where: Sunshine Cinema, 143 East Houston StreetWhen: 12:00 PMWho: Caregiver & babyHow: Just Show UpCost: $13For more info: http://www.landmarktheatres.com/
Where: Chatham Square Library, 33 E BroadwayWhen: 4:00 PMWho: Ages 13-18How: Pre-registration requiredCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.nypl.org/
Wednesday, December 21 - 'Far Out Physics: String Instruments and Tuning' at Battery Park City Library
Where: Battery Park City Library, 175 North End AvenueWhen: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PMWho: Ages 5-12How: Pre-registration RequiredCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.nypl.org/
Where: 14th St Y, 244 E 14th StWhen: 6:00 PM - 6:45 PMWho: Children 6 and UnderHow: Purchase tickets at the 14th St YCost: $25 per family in advance; $30 per family at the doorFor more info: http://www.14streety.org/
- Scholastic: 11am, all ages
- New Amsterdam: 10:30, ages 1.5-3
- Battery Park City: 11:30, ages 0-1.5
- Ottendorfer Library: 4pm, ages 1.5-5
- Mulberry St. Library: 10:30, 1.5-3
- Hudson Park: 3:30, Kids Music that Rocks
- Seward Park: Arts & Crafts at 4 PM
When: Recurring WeeklyWho: All AgesCost: FreeFor more info: Library storytimes and activities may change. Please visit NYPL.org verify times.
Where: South Street Seaport Museum, 12 Fulton StreetWhen: 10:00 AM (Every Thursday Morning)Who: 18 months to 3 years, and adult caretakersHow: For reservations, please e-mail [email protected], or call 212-748-8786. Reservations must be made by 3PM on Wednesday.Cost: $15 per individual program; or $40 for one month, or four consecutive programs, in advanceFor more info: http://pitchengine.com/
Where: 74 Trinity Place, 2nd Floor ParlorWhen: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: Suggested donation of $5
Where: St. Paul’s Chapel, Broadway and Fulton StreetWhen: 4:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: Free
- 11 A.M. An American Tail (1986, 86 min.)
- 1 P.M. Saboteur (1942, 109 min.)
- 3 P.M. Ghostbusters II (1989, 105 min.)
- 12 P.M. – 3:30 P.M. Crafts
Where: Museum of Jewish Heritage, 36 Battery PlaceWhen: 11:00 AM - 4:30 PMWho: For ages 3 to 10.How: Free with Museum AdmissionCost: $10, $7 children 10 and under; Museum members: $7, $5 children 10 and underFor more info: http://www.mjhnyc.org
Where: Taste Buds Kitchen, 109 W 27th StreetWhen: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PMWho: Ages 13-17How: Register NowCost: $120 per child
Where: McNally Jackson, 52 Prince StWhen: 11:30 AM - 12:30 PMWho: Ages 3 to 8.How: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.mcnallyjackson.com/
Where: Moomah, 161 Hudson StWhen: 12:00 PM - 3:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://moomah.com
Where: Scholastic Store - SoHo, 557 Broadway (Between Prince & Spring Streets)When: 3:00 PMWho: Ages 2-9How: Just show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.scholastic.com
Where: 14th St Y, 344 E 14th StWhen: Performances at 12 & 4 on Saturdays and Sundays thru Jan 15thWho: All AgesCost: $15 per ticketFor more info: http://www.14streety.org
Where: Canal Park Playhouse, 508 Canal Street, between Greenwich and West Streets in TribecaWhen: Saturdays and Sundays at 2 PM & 4 PMWho: Ages 3+How: Call OvationTix on 1-866-811-4111 or visit www.canalparkplayhouse.com.Cost: $20 (A pre or post-show Pre Fixe brunch is available for an additional $8 in advance or $10 at the door)For more info: http://www.canalparkplayhouse.com/
Where: Bowling Green Park (Broadway and Whitehall Street)When: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PMWho: EveryoneHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: www.DowntownNY.com
Where: Jefferson Market Library, 425 Avenue of the AmericasWhen: 3:30 PMWho: Ages 6-12How: Pre-register by calling or in-personCost: Free
Where: The Union Club, 101 E 69th StWhen: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PMWho: Parents OnlyHow: RSVP to Kathy Lattari at [email protected]Cost: FreeFor more info: http://www.ross.org/
Cool Mom Picks and CNET Recommendations
In general my husband is the one who does the research when it comes to purchasing the latest and greatest in technology. So when I called him from the CNET Gotham Pop-Up Store he was jealous and very anxious to hear about the new gadgets I had discovered. I was excited to share with him and you all the hottest recommendations from Liz Gubinner and Kristen Chase from Cool Mom Tech and Molly Wood and Lindsey Turrentin from CNET.
Some items they introduced were stylish, others practical and some were ...
HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE:
Expectant and new parents welcome useful gifts. Keepsakes are definitely appreciated, but in those early months bottles, monitors, and pacifiers are essential. Tommee Tippee offers award winning and intuitively designed bottles, monitors, pumps and feeding products. Though not a gift, I have to mention that they have also designed The Day Baby Was Born which allows you to gather information about your child and easily share it with friends and family. I would have loved to have this when I was expecting!
Babies and toddlers are so ...
Ongoing Kid Friendly Performances
- Where: 115 MacDougal St (at Minetta Ln)
- Description: Literally Alive Children's Theatre presents a lively musical twist on the classic holiday tale.
- Who: Ages 5+
- When: Nov 27th-Dec 30th
- Cost: $25-50
- Where: Manhattan Children's Theater
- Description: Based on the classic holiday tale.
- Who: Ages 5+
- When: Nov 12th-Dec 24th, Saturdays & Sundays at 12 & 2pm
- Cost: $18/adult and $16/Child
- Where: Canal Park Playhouse
- Description: Classic Charles Dickens meets Willy Wonka. Have brunch at the Waffle Iron Cafe before the show.
- Who: Ages 7+
- When: Dec 1st - 24th, Thurs & Fri. at 7PM and Saturdays at 12 & 2PM
- Cost: $18
- Where: McGinn/Cazale Theatre, 2162 Broadway, 4th Floor
- Who: Ages 3 to 12
- When: Saturdays & Sundays at 1pm
- Cost: $29.50; PREMIUM
- Where: 2162 Broadway, 4th Floor
- Who: Ages 3 to 12
- When: November 25th, Dec 26-29th, 11am & 1pm
- Cost: $29.50; PREMIUM
- Where: New Victory Theater,
- Description: Cirque Shanghai, the world's premier company of Chinese acrobats
- Who: All Ages
- When: Through Jan 1
- Cost: $17-55
- Where: 10 W 64th St & Central Park West
- Description: Adapted from the classic children's book series by Stan and Jan Berenstain, The Berenstain Bears LIVE! in Family Matters, the Musical brings everyone's favorite bear family to life in a thrilling theatrical experience that kids as well as their parents will treasure for many years to come.
- When: Through December
- Who: All Ages
- Cost: $9.95 - 59.95
- Where: Damrosch Park, Lincoln Center
- Description: Silly fun at the circus, perfect for the whole family
- When: Through Jan 8th, 2012
- Who: All Ages
- Cost: $15-$125
- Where: New World Stages, 340 West 50th Street
- Who: Ages 3 and up
- Cost: $39
- Where: The Theater at Madison Square Garden
- When: Dec 14th - 30th
- Who: All Ages
- Cost: $55-99
- Where: Manhattan Movement and Arts Center, 248 W 60th St
- Description: A tot obsessed with eating pink cupcakes finds herself turning her favorite rosy hue.
- Who: All ages.
- Cost: $8-$25
- Where: Radio City Music Hall, 1260 Avenue of the Americas, between W. 50th St. and W. 51st St.
- Description: Best Holiday Show for over 75 Years! Features the Rockettes.
- When: November 11 - Jan 2nd
- Who: All ages
- Cost: Starting at $45 a ticket
- Where:1 Sheridan Sq (between washington Place and W 4th ST
- Description: For the 7th year in a row this popular family show is entertaining families. Adapted from the Brother’s Grimm, Seven in One Blow… tells the story about of a kid who learns important lessons from the most unlikely creatures.
- When: Dec 2nd - Dec 16th
- Who: Ages 4+
- Cost: $12, children under 13 $6
- Where: Galli Theater - Midtown, 347 W 36th St
- Description: Performed by a 3 person cast, this is a unique take on the classic tale.
- When: Dec 3-31, Sat & Sun at 2pm
- Who: Ages 3+
- Cost: $15/children, $20/adult
- Where: Swedish Cottage Marionette Theatre in Central Park (81st St and Central Park West)
- Description: The Three Bears Holiday Bash is a variety show that celebrates the holiday season in song, dance, and puppetry. This production quickly becomes a comedy of errors when Baby Bear invites Santa to star in Mama and Papa Bears’ annual holiday show. Drawing from the stories of Hanukkah, the Night Before Christmas, and Kwanzaa, The Three Bears Holiday Bash is a great way to get into the holiday season spirit.
- When: Nov 14th - Dec 30th, Mon - Fri. at 10:30 & 12pm; Wed. at 2:30pm; Sat & Sun at 1:00PM with additional shows on Nov 25th & Dec 27th-30th.
- Cost: $8 per adult/ $5 per child
Always call ahead or check NYPL.org to verify times
175 North End Avenue (at Murray Street)
33 East Broadway (near Catherine St.)
415 East Houston Street (near Avenue D)
66 Leroy Street (off Seventh Ave. South)
424 Avenue of the Americas
10 Jersey Street (Between Lafayette & Mulberry Streets)
9 Murray Street (between Broadway & Church St.)
135 Second Avenue (near E ...
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC