January 5, 2012
Despite ending the year with a trip to the ER, the holiday break and all of 2011 were filled with many positive changes for my family. I am looking forward to even better 2012! Thank you for all of your support in the past year and please help Macaroni Kid continue to grow by spreading the word and feel free to email feedback, event recommendations or topic ideas anytime.
After a cold, busy week it is tempting to just spend this weekend inside. Nice idea in theory, but in reality by mid-morning on Saturday we are all looking to get out of the apartment so luckily there are plenty of great events during this first full weekend of 2012. Here are a few ideas:
- Circus in a Trunk opens this weekend at the intimate Canal Park Playhouse. You can enjoy brunch in their little cafe before or after the show!
- Find out what is going on at your local library, in addition to the many story times there are also quite a few special programs going on this week.
- Get your tickets now for the Kids Food Fest, happening Jan 21-22. General admission is free, but you need tickets for the hands on cooking classes.
Have a great week!
Here's what my 5 year old thought about his outing...
The American Museum of Natural History is really the only museum worth going to in all of NYC according to my precocious almost 6 year old. This is a view shared by many of his friends and I totally understand this point of view. It is a museum full of very large versions of what they play with at home. Our collection of dinosaur & animal figurines grows year after year and are never put away long enough to collect dust. The gems & minerals collection is even more exciting since they ...
Where: Clemente Soto Velez, Cultural & Educational Center, 107 Suffolk St., New York, NYWhen: n/aWho: Ages 4+How: Purchase Discounted Tickets (Enjoy a special Macaroni Kid Discount -- one free child ticket with the purchase of an adult ticket)Cost: $20/adult; $5/childFor more info: http://www.immediatemedium.org/
Where: Canal Park Playhouse, 508 Canal Street, between Greenwich and West Streets in TribecaWhen: Saturdays and Sundays at 2 PM & 4 PMWho: Ages 3+How: Call OvationTix on 1-866-811-4111 or visit www.canalparkplayhouse.com.Cost: $20 (A pre or post-show Pre Fixe brunch is available for an additional $8 in advance or $10 at the door)For more info: http://www.canalparkplayhouse.com/
Where: Bowling Green Park (Broadway and Whitehall Street)When: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PMWho: EveryoneHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: www.DowntownNY.com
- Karma Kids at 3:00pm for ages 0-6
- McNally Jackson at 4pm for ages 0-2
- McNally Jackson, 52 Prince Street
- Karma Kids, 104 W 14th StWhen: n/aWho: All AgesHow: Just show up, but please verify the storytime either on the website or by calling since storytimes frequently change.Cost: Free
Where: IFC Center, 323 6th AveWhen: Show times varyWho: Varies by FilmCost: $9/child, $13/adultFor more info: http://gkids.tv/
Where: Park Here, 201 Mulberry StWhen: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: RSVP to [email protected]Cost: $25/day or $200 full season pass
Where: Tribeca Whole Foods, Kids Zone on the 2nd Floor, 270 Greenwich StWhen: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PMWho: ToddlersHow: Please sign up by email at [email protected]Cost: FreeFor more info: http://wholefoodsmarket.com/
Where: Battery Park City Library, 175 North End Avenue (at Murray St)When: 11:00 AMWho: Ages 3-6How: First Come, First ServedCost: Free
Where: Rubin Museum of Art, 150 West 17 Street (between 6th and 7th Avenues)When: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PMWho: Ages 3-5, accompanied by an adultHow: Call 212.620.5000 x274 to pre-registerCost: $10 /$5 (members)For more info: http://www.rmanyc.org/
- 1st Meeting: Advantages of breastfeeding (January/May/September)
- 2nd Meeting: The birth of your baby and baby's first weeks (February/June/October)
- 3rd Meeting: The art of breastfeeding and dealing with difficulties (March/July/November)
- 4th Meeting: Breastfeeding and beyond: Solid foods & weaning (April/Aug/December)
Where: Playgarden, 95 Franklin St between Church and BroadwayWhen: 12:30 PM (First Friday of each Month)Who: All women interested in breastfeeding. Children of all ages are welcome.How: Just Show UpCost: Free
Where: NY Kids Club - Battery Park, 393 South End Ave. (at Liberty St)When: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PMWho: Ages 2.5 - 8 yearsCost: One Child: $30.00; Two Children: $45.00; Three Children: $60.00For more info: http://www.nykidsclub.com/
Saturday, January 7 through Sunday, January 8 - 'Giggle, Giggle, Quack' at Manhattan Children's Theater
Where: Manhattan Children's Theatre, 380 Broadway, 4th Floor (Corner of Broadway & White St)When: Shows on Saturdays & Sundays at at 12PM & 2PM through 2/12Who: Ages 4+Cost: Adults $18 / Children $16 / Seniors $17 (at the door $20)For more info: http://www.mctny.org/
Where: The 14th Street Y Theater, 344 East 14th Street (Between 1st & 2nd Avenues)When: Performances at 12 & 4 on Saturdays and Sundays thru Jan 15thWho: All AgesCost: $15 per ticket, or $50 for a family ticket (up to six tickets)For more info: http://www.14streety.org
- Chatham Square Library, 11am for ages 4-8
- NYU Bookstore, 11:30am, ages 3+
- Click here for Library Locations
- NYU Bookstore, 726 BroadwayWhen: n/aWho: All AgesHow: Just show up, but please verify the storytime either on the website or by calling since storytimes frequently change.Cost: Free
Where: Meeting information provided upon registrationWhen: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PMWho: Grades K-5Cost: Sessions start at $135For more info: http://nycismybackyard.com
Where: Rubin Museum of Art, 150 W. 17th Street (between 6th & 7th Aves)When: 10:30 AM - 12:00 PMWho: Ages 5 and upHow: For registration, tickets and box office, call (212) 620 - 5000 x 344Cost: $10 ($5 for members)For more info: www.rmanyc.org or (212) 620-5000
Where: 92YTribeca, 200 Hudson StreetWhen: 11:00 AMWho: All AgesCost: $15 for both kids and adults, children under 2-years-old free.For more info: http://www.92y.org or call 212.601.1000
Where: McNally Jackson, 52 Prince StWhen: 11:30 AM - 12:30 PMWho: Ages 3 to 8.How: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.mcnallyjackson.com/
artists. Visit the CMA website for upcoming workshop themes and age recommendations.
Where: Children's Museum of the Arts, 103 Charlton StWhen: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM (Museum is Closed on Tuesdays)Who: Varies based on the workshopHow: No reservations requiredCost: $10 per person for admissions (Admission costs cover all workshops and materials)For more info: http://cmany.org/ or call (212) 274 - 0986
Where: Scholastic Store - SoHo, 557 Broadway (Between Prince & Spring Streets)When: 3:00 PMWho: Ages 2+How: Just show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.scholastic.com
Where: Ottendorfer Library, 135 2nd AveWhen: 4:00 PMWho: Ages 1.5-5How: First Come, First ServedCost: Free
Where: Books of Wonder, 18 W. 18th St.When: n/aWho: All AgesHow: Just show up, but please verify the storytime either on the website or by calling since storytimes frequently change.Cost: FreeFor more info: Books of Wonder
Where: Film Society of Lincoln Center, Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center, 144 W 65th St and The Walter Reade Theater, 165 W 65th StWhen: 11:00 AMWho: All AgesCost: $6/personFor more info: http://www.filmlinc.com/
Where: Taste Buds Kitchen, 109 W 27th St, 10th FloorWhen: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PMWho: Ages 8-13How: Register in AdvanceCost: $60For more info: http://www.tastebudscook.com/
Where: The Living Room, 154 Ludlow StWhen: 3:00 PMWho: All AgesCost: $10For more info: http://www.livingroomny.com/
Where: City Treehouse, 129A W 20th St (Between 6th and 7th Aves)When: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: To learn more or sign up, call (212) 255-2050 or email [email protected].Cost: $20/childFor more info: http://www.citytreehouse.com/
Where: Stuyvesant Town, Oval KidsWhen: Check the website for specific dates & times for each age groupWho: Age specific classes available for crawlers through 13 years oldHow: Apply OnlineCost: FreeFor more info: http://yogastars.com
- Jefferson Market at 11am, Toddlers
- Hudson Park Library at 11:15, ages 1.5-3
- Ottendorfer at 11:30 & 1:30, ages 0-1.5 (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
- Seward Park at 2pm, ages 3-5
- Battery Park City at 9:30am, toddlers, and 4pm, ages 3-5
- Tompkins Square at 4pm, ages 3-8
When: n/aWho: All agesCost: FreeFor more info: NYPL
Monday, January 9 through Friday, January 13 - Daily Screenings at the National Museum of the American Indian
- Snowsnake: Game of the Haudenosaunnee
- Wapos Bay: There's No 'I' in Hockey
Where: National Museum of the American Indian, One Bowling GreenWhen: 10:30 AM - 11:30 AMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.nmai.si.edu
Where: Museum of Chinese in America, 215 Centre StreetWhen: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PMWho: Ages 6+How: Just Show UpCost: Free with regular museum admission.For more info: www.mocanyc.org
Where: City Treehouse, 129A W 20th St (between 6th and 7th Aves)When: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PMWho: Ages 3-6How: To register, call (212) 255-2050 or email [email protected]Cost: $15/childFor more info: http://www.citytreehouse.com
- Scholastic at 11am, all ages
- giggle at 4pm
- Mulberry St, 10:30 & 11:30, ages 0-1.5
- Seward Park, Toddler Time at 11am
- Battery Park, Baby Story Time at 11:30am (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
- Tompkins Square, Arts & Crafts at 3:30PM
- giggle, 120 Wooster St
- Scholastic, 557 Broadway
- Click here for Library LocationsWhen: n/aWho: All AgesCost: Free
Where: South Street Seaport Museum,12 Fulton StreetWhen: 1:45 PM - 3:15 PMWho: Ages 4 & 5How: For reservations, please e-mail [email protected], or call 212-748-8786. Reservations must be made by 3PM on Monday.Cost: $15 per individual program; or $40 for one month, or four consecutive programs, in advanceFor more info: For more information, e-mail [email protected], or call 212-748-8786
Where: Battery Park City Library, 175 North End AvenueWhen: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PMWho: Ages 4-8How: Pre-registration RequiredCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.nypl.org/
- Scholastic at 11am, all ages
- Chatham Square at 10:30, ages 1.5-3
- Seward Park at 11:15am, ages 0-18 months
- Ottendorfer at 11, 12, ages 1.5-3
- Hudson Park at 11:15, infants
- Jefferson Market at 3:30PM, ages 3-5
- Hamilton Fish Park at 4pm, ages 3-12
- Tompkins Square at 4pm, ages 3-8
- Crewcuts, 50 Hudson St at 11:30am, ages 3-5 (first Wed. of each month)
- Scholastic, 557 Broadway
- Click Here for Library LocationsWhen: n/aWho: All AgesCost: Free
explore together, then create projects inspired by Himalayan art.
Where: Rubin Museum of Art, 150 West 17th StreetWhen: 10:30 AM - 11:30 AMWho: Ages 2-4, accompanied by an adultHow: Just Show UpCost: $10.00 (Member Price: $5.00)For more info: http://www.rmanyc.org/
Where: Sunshine Cinema, 143 East Houston StreetWhen: 12:00 PMWho: Caregiver & babyHow: Just Show UpCost: $13For more info: http://www.landmarktheatres.com/
Where: Karma Kids Yoga, 104 W 14th StWhen: 12:30 PM - 1:30 PMWho: Caregiveers & BabiesHow: Call (212) 638-1444 or email [email protected] to reserve a space for you and your child.Cost: FreeFor more info: http://www.karmakidsyoga.com
Where: Battery Park City LibraryWhen: 3:30 PMWho: For ages 4+How: Pre-Register by calling or in-personCost: Free
Where: Citibabes, 52 Mercer StWhen: 4:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Please call 212.334.5440 or email [email protected] to RSVP by Dec 14thCost: Free for members and $15 for nonmember families.For more info: http://citibabes.com/
- Scholastic: 11am, all ages
- Hamilton Fish Park Toddler Stories at 10:15AM
- New Amsterdam Baby Storytime at 10:30am
- Battery Park City: 11:30, ages 0-1.5
- Ottendorfer Library: 4pm, ages 1.5-5
- Hudson Park: 3:30, Kids Music that Rocks
- Seward Park: Arts & Crafts at 4 PM
When: Recurring WeeklyWho: All AgesCost: FreeFor more info: Library storytimes and activities may change. Please visit NYPL.org verify times.
Where: South Street Seaport Museum, 12 Fulton StreetWhen: 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM (Second session from 12:30-2PM)Who: 18 months to 3 years, and adult caretakersHow: For reservations, please e-mail [email protected], or call 212-748-8786. Reservations must be made by 3PM on Wednesday.Cost: $15 per individual program; or $40 for one month, or four consecutive programs, in advanceFor more info: http://pitchengine.com/
Where: Scholastic Store- 557 Broadway (Between Prince & Spring Streets)When: 10:30 AM - 11:15 AMWho: 6 months - 4 yearsHow: Email [email protected] to RSVP for free demo class.Cost: Free Demo class. Regular 10 week session starts January 18th and 19th.For more info: LittleRockersMusic.com
Where: Jefferson Market Library, 425 Avenue of the AmericasWhen: 3:30 PMWho: Ages 6-12How: Pre-register by calling or in-personCost: Free
Where: Whole Foods Market Tribeca Wellness Club, 2nd Floor, 270 Greenwich StWhen: 10:00 AM - 11:00 PMWho: Ages 4-6Cost: $35 for non-membersFor more info: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com
Where: Rosa Mexicano at Union Square, 9 East 18th StWhen: 10:00 AMWho: Ages 4+How: To make a reservation for this event please contact Daivette Castillo @ 212.397.0666 x27 or [email protected] (Guests will be required to purchase this Priceless® Experience using their MasterCard card)Cost: $55-Includes 1 Adult and 1 Child (11 and under); $20 for an additional child (11 and under)For more info: http://www.rosamexicano.com
Where: The Skyscraper Museum, 39 Battery PlaceWhen: 10:30 AM - 11:45 AMWho: All AgesHow: Registration is required by 5PM on Friday by emailing [email protected] or calling 212-945-6324.Cost: Suggested donation - $5For more info: http://www.skyscraper.org or call (212) 968- 1961
Where: PS 89, 201 Warren StWhen: 10:45 AM - 11:25 AM (Second class at 11:30am for 1 & 2 year olds)Who: 10:45-11:25 for ages 3-4; 11:30-12:15 for ages 1-2How: Apply OnlineCost: FreeFor more info: http://yogastars.com
Where: The Joyce Theater, 175 8th AveWhen: 2:00 PMWho: Ages 5+Cost: Kids Tickets are $10; Adult tickets start at $10For more info: http://www.joyce.org
Where: The School at Peridance Center, 126 E 13th StWhen: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PMWho: Ages 5-10How: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.peridance.com/
Where: Visit the Super Soccer Stars Website for LocationsWhen: 9:30 AM - 12:00 PMWho: Ages 2.5-5 and 6-12How: Enroll OnlineCost: $70For more info: http://www.supersoccerstars.com/
Where: The Union Club, 101 E 69th StWhen: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PMWho: Parents OnlyHow: RSVP to Kathy Lattari at [email protected]Cost: FreeFor more info: http://www.ross.org/
Where: Barnes & Noble, 97 Warren StWhen: 2:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://barnesandnoble.com
Where: Chatham Square Library, 33 E BroadwayWhen: 4:00 PMWho: Ages 7-12How: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.nypl.org/
Where: 208 W 13th Street (Gay and Lesbian Center) - the building and room are all stroller accessibleWhen: 4:30 PM - 5:30 PMWho: For babies 0-2 years old. All are welcome (there's no velvet rope) so please bring your friends!Cost: $15/session or buy the Challah Pass for $90 and get the 7th class free (after all, the 7th day is Shabbat and the day of rest!)For more info: http://www.newshul.org
Where: Charlotte’s Place, 109 Greenwich Street (rear of 74 Trinity Place), between Rector and Carlisle Streets)When: 6:00 PM - 7:30 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.trinitywallstreet.org
Where: Citi Pond at Bryant ParkWhen: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: General Admission is Free but you will need to Buy Tickets for the classesCost: Varies by ClassFor more info: http://kidsfoodfestival.com
Where: THE MORGAN LIBRARY & MUSEUM, 225 Madison Avenue, at 36th StreetWhen: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PMWho: Appropriate for ages 6-12; limited to families with children; limit of two adult tickets per family.How: Order TicketsCost: Adults: $15 for Non-Members; $10 for Morgan and Asia Society Members; $10 for ChildrenFor more info: www.themorgan.org/public
Where: Ideya Latin Bistro, 349 W Broadway between Broome and GrandeWhen: 10:00 AMWho: All AgesHow: Call for Reservations: (212)625-1441Cost: Free with an a la carte brunch; Kids menu availableFor more info: http://www.ideya.net/ or call (212)625-1441
Where: The Ukrainian Museum, 222 East 6th Street (bet. 2nd and 3rd Aves.) New York, NY 10003When: 1:30 PM - 3:30 PMWho: Ages 5-12How: To register, call 212-228-0110 or send an e-mail to [email protected]Cost: $5/person ($3 for members)For more info: http://www.ukrainianmuseum.org
Where: Children's Museum of the Arts, 103 Charlton StWhen: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: Regular Museum Admission Fees Apply: Adults $10; Children $10; Seniors, Infants (0-12 mos) FreeFor more info: http://cmany.org/
Where: Theater for the New City, 155 1st Avenue, between East 9th and East 10th Streets.When: 3:00 PMWho: Ages 5+How: Just Show UpCost: $12 / Children under 12: $6For more info: http://breadandpuppet.org
Where: Whole Foods Market (Bowery), 95 East Houston StWhen: n/aWho: Ages 2-5 (+1 adult) at 12PM, Ages 6-9 at 2PM, Ages 10-13 at 4PMCost: $30 per childFor more info: http://wholefoodsmarket.com
Where: The parade begins at Mott and Hester Streets. Find complete route information here: www.betterchinatown.org)When: 1:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: www.betterchinatown.org
Where: 55 Bar at 55 Christopher Street (at 7th Ave)When: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PMWho: Ages 2-6How: Just show upCost: $5 per personFor more info: http://www.amycervini.com/
Where: Players Theatre, 115 MacDougal St at Minetta LaneWhen: 11:00 AM (Instrument building workshop begins at 10:30am)Who: All AgesCost: $35For more info: http://theplayerstheatre.com/
Sunday, February 5 - Jumpin Juniper Festival at BAX/Brooklyn Arts Exchange presents Suzi Shelton and Friends
Where: BAX/Brooklyn Arts Exchange, 451 Fifth Ave. Brooklyn, NYWhen: 11:00 AMWho: All AgesCost: TBDFor more info: www.suzishelton.com
Where: Florence Gould Hall, 55 E 59th StWhen: Shows at 11am & 1pmWho: Ages 3+Cost: $25 and upFor more info: http://www.nytb.org/
Where: Scholastic Store - Soho, 557 BroadwayWhen: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.scholastic.com/
Saturday, February 11 through Sunday, February 12 - Just Kidding at Symphony Space: Gustafer Yellowgold's Golden Heart Symphony
Where: Symphony Space, 2537 Broadway at 95th StWhen: 11:00 AM (4 PM on Sunday)Who: All AgesCost: ADULTS $25, Members $21 KIDS $15, Members $13For more info: http://www.symphonyspace.org/
Where: PS-41, 116 W 11th StWhen: 4:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Buy Tickets SoonCost: TBDFor more info: http://www.laughingpizza.com
Where: Le Poisson Rouge, 158 Bleecker StWhen: 12:00 PM - 3:00 PMWho: 6 months - 7 yearsCost: Single ticket: $20 / Family 4 Pack: $60For more info: http://www.babylovesdisco.com/
Where: Intrepid MuseumWhen: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PMWho: All AgesHow: Buy Tickets Online or Just Show upCost: Included with General AdmissionFor more info: http://www.intrepidmuseum.org/
Sweet, Convenient and Caffeinated - Perfect for Moms!
International Delight, Momtrends and MomGenerations threw an exceptional blogger holiday event in December at the trendy Hair Rules Salon in Hells Kitchen. Pampering included fabulous hair styles, manicures in coffee colors by Nail Taxi and massages. Everyone looked ready for whatever holiday party was on the calendar that night but sadly most of us were just heading to pick up the kids at school after the event, but it was nice to relax for a bit during the holiday madness.
The centerpiece of the event was the luge and ice ...
Ongoing Kid Friendly Performances
- Where: 115 MacDougal St (at Minetta Ln)
- Description: Literally Alive Children's Theatre presents a lively musical twist on the classic holiday tale.
- Who: Ages 5+
- When: Feb 12th - May 20th
- Cost: $25-50
- Where: McGinn/Cazale Theatre, 2162 Broadway, 4th Floor
- Who:Ages 3 to 12
- When: Saturdays & Sundays at 1pm
- Cost: $29.50; PREMIUM
- Where: 10 W 64th St & Central Park West
- Description: Adapted from the classic children's book series by Stan and Jan Berenstain, The Berenstain Bears LIVE! in Family Matters, the Musical brings everyone's favorite bear family to life in a thrilling theatrical experience that kids as well as their parents will treasure for many years to come.
- When: Ongoing
- Who: All Ages
- Cost: $9.95 - 59.95
- Where: Canal Park Playhouse, 508 Canal Park Playhouse
- Description: Entertaining, silly show by Piccolini Trio with juggling, magic and fun.
- Who: Ages 5+
- When: Jan 7th - Jan 29th, Saturdays & Sundays at 2 & 4PM
- Cost: $20
- Where: Galli Theater - Midtown, 347 W 36th St
- Description: This play - while incredibly humorous - leaves audiences spellbound by the life lessons it reveals
- When: Jan 7-29, , Sat & Sun at 2pm
- Who: Ages 3+
- Cost: $15/children, $20/adult
- Where: Manhattan Children's Theater
- Description: Based on the classic holiday tale.
- Who: Ages 5+
- When: Dec 31st-Feb 12th, Saturdays & Sundays at 12 & 2pm
- Cost: $18/adult and $16/Child
- Where: New World Stages, 340 West 50th Street
- Who: Ages 3 and up
- Cost: $39
- Where: New 42nd Street Studios, 229 W 42nd St
- Description: With expressive eyes that blink, bulge and bashfully bat, one thing is absolute: these hilarious puppets deserve a hand!
- Who: Ages 3-6
- When: Jan 18-22
- Cost: $17-55
- Where: The Clurman Theatre, 410 West 42nd Street (Between 9th and 10th Avenues)
- Description: A mind-bending and witty one-man show of acrobatic physical theatre that defies the laws of gravity
- Who: All Ages (70 minutes, no intermission)
- When: Opens Jan 7th
- Cost: $42
- Where: Swedish Cottage Marionette Theatre in Central Park (81st St and Central Park West)
- Description: Molly Muffet, the great, great, great, great, great, granddaughter of the original Little Miss Muffet, creates a wacky adventure when she decides to open up her own business baby sitting loveable monsters.
- When: Jan 17th - August 30th, Mon - Fri. at 10:30 & 12pm; Wed. at 2:30pm; Sat & Sun at 1:00PM with additional shows on Nov 25th & Dec 27th-30th.
- Cost: $8 per adult/ $5 per child
- Where: New Victory Theater
- Description: Soft-spoken Ophelia is rather ordinary, but one day, she experiences something quite extraordinary.
- Who: Ages 5+
- When: Jan 13-15th
- Cost: $25
- Where: Manhattan Movement and Arts Center, 248 W 60th St
- Description: A tot obsessed with eating pink cupcakes finds herself turning her favorite rosy hue.
- Who: All ages.
- Cost: $8-$25
- Where: New Victory Theater
- Description: Enchanting Esmiralda becomes frantic when pretentious Prince Edward demands she spin straw into gold... OR ELSE!
- Who: Ages 8+
- When: Jan 6-8th
- Cost: $25
Always call ahead or check NYPL.org to verify times
175 North End Avenue (at Murray Street)
33 East Broadway (near Catherine St.)
415 East Houston Street (near Avenue D)
66 Leroy Street (off Seventh Ave. South)
424 Avenue of the Americas
10 Jersey Street (Between Lafayette & Mulberry Streets)
9 Murray Street (between Broadway & Church St.)
135 Second Avenue (near E ...
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC