I am sure many of you have visited Babesta Threads
and Babesta Crib
z in Tribeca at some point to pick up a hip outfit or check out the latest baby gear. But for those not familiar with these intimate stores it is worth checking out their selection either online
or at the stores on West Broadway
and Warren Street
. Babesta Threads
stocks a limited supply of super cool clothing for babies, toddlers and kids. The clothes are high-quality and comfortable so though you may spend a bit more, your child will get a lot of wears out of each piece. They also carry a small selection of toys and they make custom tees which makes a great gift or party favor. Custom gift baskets and their "tee of the month club" are both very popular.Babesta Cribz
carries the "best of class" baby gear. From strollers and furniture to books and decorations, they have hand picked the items they recommend which I love since I tend to get overwhelmed. I've wasted countless hours trying to find the "perfect" item. Their knowledgeable staff can quickly direct you to the gear that best fits your needs as well as budget.
Post-storm the team has been busy volunteering and making donations to those in the neighborhood in need. But prior to the storm I was invited in to see their Hip Holiday Top 20. Here are my favorites:
- ESP No. 1 Jeans: This line is all about modern, unisex looks. Gorgeous cuts and fabrication, and a great fit. Made in USA. We love the poppy colors in “new neutrals” that mix and match with loads of things. $72
- Snow Globe by Seedling Kids: We love the craft collection from Seedling Kids and we thought the snow globe was a perfect wintertime activity. You mold the clay, bake it like a shrinky dink and then let it set. Later you add water and glitter and voila! This is a great, whimsical snowy-day activity! $28
- Loog Guitar: This guitar started off as an academic project in 2010 by designer Rafael Atijas (his master’s thesis). It was launched via Kickstarter, with a goal to raise $15,000 and they raised $65,618. People were excited about the product. The three-string guitar makes it fun and easy for kids to play music. Rafael believes that building the guitar is an integral part of the experience--to be a real guitar hero you have to build it. $149
- Sublime tee by Rowdy Sprout: We love the line Rowdy Sprout and have been carrying it forever. We adore the Sublime tee for its awesome graphic of the classic SKA band—the bright colors, soft wash and cool raglan sleeves make this shirt simply awesome. Made in California! $37
6.Starry Sweatshirt Dress by Bobo Choses
: Bobo Choses, out of Barcelona Spain is one of the most inventive, creative clothing lines on the market today. This line incorporates stars, faces and cats. We love this dress for its simplicity, which is a hallmark of the line, coupled with handmade touches like the cross embroidery at the bottom of the dress. The construction is excellent and the brand is carried in but a few U.S. boutiques. $72
- Facebook by Chuck Close (Abrams) Artist Chuck Close is an American painter and photographer who achieved fame as a photo realist. Close suffers from facial blindness (can’t remember faces) and has found that when he paints portraits he is better able to recognize people. This book is dedicated to such portraits. Having suffering a spinal artery collapse in 1988, he is paralyzed yet continues his art and continues to inspire. $18.95
- Low Temperature Bunting by 7AM Enfant: Whenever we would instruct a new mom to use the amazing 212 blanket by 7AM Enfant, we’d say “don’t put a coat on the baby – the only thing you have to remember is that this is super warm.” For any baby who is feeling overheated (or will be going in and out of the stroller and needs a coat, etc., this low temperature bunting is has all of the style but a little less heat for in-between weather (fall, spring and “already bundled up” winter). Chalet-chic styling. $138 (0-6M); $158 (6-18M); $178 (1Y-3Y).
- Unicorn Head by DFC: The Mexican design duo casts some of the most amazing animal heads in glitter, gold, silver and any color you desire. We love the unicorn head for its cool yet girly appeal, though the gold glitter cat head is a very close second! Custom made, from $750.